Habitat Quality

DiwanghuaDiwanghua Member
edited September 2014 in Terrestrial Models
Hi everyone

I tried to run Habitat Quality model 3.0.1.
"Sources of threats(s)" can add a “c” at the end of the raster for all “current” threat layers, a “f” for all future threat layers, and a “b” for all “baseline” threat layers (Sample data sets: \Invest\HabitatQuality\Input\crp_c; crp_f; rr_c; rr_f; urb_c; urb_f; rot_c; rot_f; prds_c;
prds_f; srds_c; srds_f; lrds_c; lrds_f. ).

I have three kinds of land use map (Current LULC map, Future LULC map and Baseline LULC map).

but I want to know whether"Threats data (required)" and "Sensitivity of land cover types to each threat " should be made {d:\InVEST_3_0_1_x86\HabitatQuality\Input\threats_c.csv, threats_f.csv, threats_b.csv} and {d:\InVEST_3_0_1_x86\HabitatQuality\Input\sensitivity_c.csv, sensitivity_f.csv, sensitivity_b.csv}, respectivly.
thank you
Jinlong Zhao
Beijing Forestry University

Comments

• DougDoug Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hello,

When running the model for current, future, and baseline you only need to have the one threat and sensitivity CSV files. The threat attributes, as the model stands, do not change based on different landcover scenarios. Thus the weight, distance, and sensitivity information will be the same for each threat over the three different land covers. However, you need to have threat rasters in the Input folder for each scenario that define the threat spatially. So you would have a crop_c.tif, crop_f.tif, and crop_b.tif raster in the input folder.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit, if not please let us know.

Doug
  • Hi Doug
    My land use map—Current LULC map(75 types), Future LULC map (100 types)and Baseline LULC map(86 types). Sources of threats (ie; sand, crop, urban, road...) are not identical in the three land use types,because some land use types of threat sources changed to other land use types of not threat sources. So "Threats data " and "Sensitivity of land cover types to each threat " are not identical in the three land use types. You say "When running the model for current, future, and baseline we only need to have the one threat and sensitivity CSV files"— It is difficult to understand for us.

Sincerely,
    Jinlong Zhao
  • Hi Doug
    Running the Habitat Quality model (invest 3.0.1),if you need only to have the one threat and sensitivity CSV files, then three land use types whether it should be the same
  • Hi Doug
    Running the Habitat Quality model (invest 3.0.1),if you need only one threat threats data )and sensitivitySensitivity of land cover types to each threat )CSV files, then three land use types (current, future, and baseline)whether it should be the same?
    Can you help me to know these problems?

Jinlong Zhao
  • DougDoug Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi,

Sorry for the slight delay. I see why being able to specify different threats for the different land covers would be useful, however our model currently does not support this. The threats currently must be the same over all 3 land covers and all the land cover types must be represented in the Sensitivity table.

The model is only looking at how a defined set of threats impacts degradation and quality over different land use scenarios.

Hopefully this clears up
  • adrianvogladrianvogl Member, NatCap Staff
    Hello,
    I hope to clarify this issue a bit. There are several different inputs relating to threats. Some are the same for all scenarios and some do change between scenarios:

1) The spatial location of the threats (Data input 5 in the User Guide). These are the raster inputs that show the spatial location of various threats, and CAN BE DIFFERENT for baseline, current, and future scenarios. Some threats may exist in one scenario but not in the others. Each threat is given a specific name that links it to the threat data table, with a suffix of “_b” (baseline), “_c” (current), or “_f” (future) to indicate the threat map’s period.

2) Threat data table (Data input 4 in the User Guide). This is the table that gives the parameters - max distance and weight - for each threat. The point that Doug raised is that the max distance and weight for threats do NOT CHANGE between the baseline, current, and future scenarios. There is only one data table for all the scenarios, so all threats present in any of the scenarios should be included in this table.

3) Habitat types and sensitivity table (Data input 7 in User Guide). This is the table that gives the sensitivity of habitat types to each threat. Just like the previous parameters, the sensitivity of habitats does NOT CHANGE between baseline, current, and future scenarios. All threats present in any of the scenarios should be included in this table.

I hope this helps to clear up your questions.

Regards,
    Adrian
  • adrianvogladrianvogl Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi,
    Sorry just one point I forgot -
    about #1, it may be that you still have to provide a threat raster for all of the threats for all time periods. For example, if you have a threat that does not exist in the baseline but does exist in the current map, the threat raster for that one in the baseline scenario would be blank (i.e. all 0's), indicating that it is not present anywhere in that scenario.

- Adrian