This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Contribution to Existing NatCap models

@jdouglass Since I am already modifying the recreation model to be able to handle user-input dependent variables, instead of server-calculated PUD, I was wondering if you guys think a) I could collaborate in making suggested changes and b) if yes, then whether the best way would be to fork the bitbucket repo and pull changes for you to double-check? Or maybe somebody is already working on this modification for version 3.3.2?

Thank you!

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi @ftonini, thanks for being willing to implement this feature!  I'll talk with our recreation team about the best way forward, and will have to get back to you.  Sorry I don't have anything more concrete to report at the moment!
  • DaveDave Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi @ftonini,

I'm part of the Rec Model team. Unfortunately though our two other leads, including the model's software lead are away right now, so we haven't had the chance to talk this over as a group. I can say that we are not already working on that particular modification, so you would not be duplicating efforts if you work on it. Without consulting the others though, I cannot say for certain that we will want to add that feature. However I am definitely interested in seeing any code you develop for your own project, if you are interested in sharing.

More to come after the summer!

Dave
  • @Dave could you possibly point me to which .py file and where in the code you set up the output folder to open automatically after run is done? I need to de-activate this functionality for my tools and can't locate this...

• DaveDave Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    I think that's a question for @jdouglass . Thanks James!
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Sure thing!  @ftonini, the UI is responsible for opening the output workspace directory, which is at src/natcap/invest/iui/executor.py, lines 617-639.