This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

RIOS pre-processing toolbox is not running

I have added the RIOS pre_processing toolbox(1.1.8) to the arc toolbox. But unfortunately it is not running.Please suggest if I have done it wrongly. I am using ArcGIS 10.0.

Thanks in advance.
Manas

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    HI Manas, I'm not the direct supporter of that toolbox, but we'd need to see the error you're getting when you try to run it.  Can you post as much information as you can about the issue you're experencing? 
  • Hi @ Rich, actually when I try to run the toolbox by clicking on the option script, its showing an message as " This tool has no parameters" .I have no idea about python scripts. Here I am attaching the screen shot of the window showing the problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Manas
    1053 x 484 - 65K
  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Manas -

It might be because of a backward compatibility problem, since the toolbox was created with Arc 10.2. Attached is a version where I exported it to Arc 10.0, give it a try. I'm not sure if you'll run into any issues while running the tool, but hopefully not. First thing to do is remove the current toolbox from Arc, then restart the .mxd (since Arc likes to cache odd things) then add the attached toolbox.Then you might have to tell the toolbox where to find the preprocessing Python script. Do this by right-clicking on the RIOS Pre-processing tool (not the toolbox), select Properties, then Source, and point the Script File to the .py script in the attached zipfile.

Let me know how it goes, but since I'm away on travel right now and have poor internet I might be slow in responding.

~ Stacie
  • Hi @swolny, you will be glad to know that its working.Thanks a lot.

Manas
This discussion has been closed.