This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

InVEST 3.2.0 released

RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
Hi InVEST users.  Tonight we released the next version of InVEST that contains several new experimental models and tools.  These will be finalized in later releases of InVEST and may change in functionality and final results.  We welcome feedback on the usefulness and correctness of these tools.  Details of the release are as follows:

* Upgrade to PyGeoprocessing v0.3.0a1 for miscellaneous performance improvements to InVEST's core geoprocessing routines.
* An alpha unstable build of the InVEST crop production model is released with partial documentation and sample data.
* A beta build of the InVEST fisheries model is released with documentation and sample data.
* An alpha unstable build of the nutrient delivery ratio (NDR) model is available directly under InVEST's installation directory at  invest-x86/invest_ndr.exe; eventually this model will replace InVEST's current "Nutrient" model.  It is currently undocumented and unsupported but inputs are similar to that of InVEST's SDR model.
* An alpha unstable build of InVEST's implementation of GLOBIO is available directly under InVEST's installation directory at  invest-x86/invest_globio.  It is currently undocumented but sample data are provided.
* DelinateIT, a watershed delineation tool based on PyGeoprocessing's d-infinity flow algorithm is released as a standalone tool in the InVEST repository with documentation and sample data.
* Miscellaneous performance patches and bug fixes.

You can download the latest version here: http://www.naturalcapitalproject.org/download.html
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Rich!

My master's thesis will be mostly about InVEST. I want to apply at least two models to an area in Denmark.

The "Water Purification: Nutrient Retention Model" is one of them. I have tried to run the new version, but I am receiving an "proportion_subservice_n" error... Anyway, my question is if you think there will be a stable version of the model anytime soon so I can use it in my thesis. I expect to get accurate data to run the model here in Denmark and I would happily cooperate with you... for example sharing my results after running both models, old and new. 

The other will be the carbon model, but I don't expect any problems with that one. 

And then it would be really nice if I could use the crop production model. Any news on when it will have a stable version?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
    Raphael Filippelli
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Raphael,

The "proportion_subservice_n" error can be remedied by putting a "proportion_subservice_n" column in your biophysical column and putting zeros down the rows if you don't want to use it.  We otherwise consider the state of that model stable now.

And glad to hear about your interest in the crop production model.  We're working on it!  Hopefully more news soon!

• Thanks for the reply, Rich! With some luck, I will use the crop production model as soon as it is out :)

Yeah, it works with the new column. I just didn't find any info on what data I need to fill that column... 

Maybe this is not the right thread to be talking about this. Sorry, I am new here. 
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Probably better to move it to another thread if you have a specific question, but if you're not sure what to put and you don't want to simulate subsurface nitrogen transfer, it's fine to put zeros in that column.
This discussion has been closed.