This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Problem with source points in the marine quality model

Hello,

I'm currently using the marine quality model to map nutrients concentrations originating from different coastal sources.
I have a source point layer and the corresponding source point loading table. However, during the model run, some source points are calculated while others don't.

The message for the invalid source points reads: "X is an id defined in the data table which is not found in the shapefile. Ignoring that point."
To my knowledge, all layers have the same projections and the CSV file lists the same ID's as the source layer.
Is there something i'm missing?

Thank you for your help,
Yoav

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Yoav,

Right, this error would crop up if the data table has an ID entry that doesn't correspond to any known Id entry in the centroid shapefile.  If that's the case, would you mind dropboxing me your datastack to richsharp@stanford.edu so I could take a look?
  • yoavp81yoavp81 Member
    Thank you Rich,

I've shared the data on Dropbox.

Yoav
    Hi Yoav, looks like the IDs that are getting missed are *slightly* outside of the AOI.  Although it's not obvious, the model clips these before processing starts.  Here's a zoomed in view of ID 1 with the AOI and land polygons in there too: http://i.imgur.com/cENMFE6.png
  • yoavp81yoavp81 Member
    Missed it completely. Problem solved.

Thank you Rich!

Yoav
  • Hello,

I've been trying to include in the model the advection vectors layer but received the following error:
    "array must not contain infs or nans".

I've shared the data on Dropbox.

Thanks for your help,
    Yoav
    Hi Yoav, thanks for the dropbox link.  I ran through your data and experienced the same error which looks like a numerical issue with ... something...  I can verify that it only exists when the advection layers are applied in your case.  CK Kim is the scientist who developed the MWQ model but he doesn't work at our organization anymore, nor does he visit the forums.  However, he is very responsive to email questions about his models. I'd suggest trying him at ckkim@kei.re.kr and tell him you're experiencing this numerical instability with the advection layers.  It's likely he'll want to see your data too.  

Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll dig out my partial differential finite element literature and see what I can do.