coastal vulnerability error

Hi all,
I'm trying to run the coastal vulnerability model (which I've run successfully before) but am getting the attached error (screenshot and log file attached). I've tried to be careful to format the data according to the guidelines, but perhaps I missed something. Does the attached error suggest any obvious mistakes? Thanks!

Comments

• NicNic Member, Moderator
    Dear Nirmal,

Thank you for catching this issue. The error is probably due to a limit case that we never encountered where the shore segments come very close to the raster extents. I made a change to cover this case. Please, go to this page and download the latest setup executable file (April 30):

Let me know how it goes.

Best,
    Nic
  • Hi Nic,
    Thanks very much. I downloaded and ran your latest setup, but got the same error. In the meantime, I discovered the following: it runs if I use the default global population dataset provided with the sample data, but not if I use another country-specific population raster (all other inputs remain the same). Both the global and country-specific population raster are in the same geographic coordinates, so projection is not an issue (I tried both projected and unprojected versions of my population data). My only guess at this point is that it could be because my population dataset is clipped at the shoreline (has NoData values in the ocean), whereas the sample global pop dataset has zero values in the ocean areas. Could this be an issue? If you want, I'd be happy to send you my inputs. Thanks, Nirmal

Dear Nirmal,

Yes, try with a population with zero where there is water. If this solves your problem, let's investigate it further. Let me know how it goes!

Best,
    Nic
  • Hi Nic,
    I filled the water areas with zero values, but it still didn't solve the problem. I had used the same population raster successfully for running the coastal vulnerability model on just the southern part of the same coastline, so not sure why it wouldn't work nationally. Thanks,
    Nirmal
    Hi Nirmal,

Ok, so let's share your data with me offline (Google Drive? dropbox?) to get to the bottom of this. I'll post an answer here when we'll know what is going on.

Nic