This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Recreation model error

Hi all,

I've started using the recreation model of InVEST. I can
successfully run the model with the example data provided, but when I try to
use my own dataset I get the following message: Error on server:
SRID 102008 is not registered in the PostGIS database.

Can someone explain what
this means? What is the PostGIS database?

Thanks!
Laura

Tagged:

Comments

• DaveDave Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Laura,

PostGIS is the spatial database on our server that does most of the computation for the Recreation model.

This error says your input GIS layers are using a coordinate reference system (Spatial Reference ID: 102008) that was not recognized by PostGIS. I have now added this particular coordinate system to our PostGIS database, so you should have success now.

Thanks for posting!
    Dave
  • jozefjozef Member
    Hello,

I would like to ask you to help me with the same problem as Laura: Error on server: SRID 102067 is not registered in the PostGIS database.
    Could You add this coordinate system into PostGIS database?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jozef Malis, Slovakia
    Hi Jozef,

I added your coordinate system to the PostGIS database. Please try the model again and let me know if it works. Make sure to use InVEST version 3.1.1 or more recent. 

Thanks!
    Dave
  • jozefjozef Member
    Thank you very much,

I tried the latest version of the model 3.1.2. With our map layers it still does not work ...
    Could you please again check it out?
    Program now gives this error: Error on server: GetProj4StringSPI: Can not find SRID (102067) in spatial_ref_sys.

Thanks!

jozef
    Hi Jozef, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Could you upload the log file from your model run? It will be a txt file in your output workspace. You can attach it to a post here.

Thanks!
    In the meantime, one solution is to choose a different projection for your input datasets. I suggest a Universal Transverse Mercator projection. 

Something like: WGS84 / UTM zone XX (choose the correct zone based on a map like this: http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/coordsys/images/utm_mgrs_images/utm_fig1.jpg)
  • Hello,

I'm running the Recreation Model from InVEST 3.1.3, and I have an error that might also be related to the coordinate reference system.

My error message is the following:
    IOError encountered: Error message: Error on server:  WKT 'GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984"|DATUM["D_WGS_1984"|SPHEROID["WGS_1984"|6378137|
    |0|298||257223563]]|PRIMEM["Greenwich"|0||0]|UNIT["Degree"|0||0174532925199433]]
    ' unknown: Traceback (most recent call last):

I tried it previously using the NAD83 projection, which resulted in a similar error message.

I've attached the log file, and I'd greatly appreciate any help/tips! Thanks!
    edited May 2015
    Hi Maliacarpio, please see my post on this thread for your solution: http://forums.naturalcapitalproject.org/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/1213/#Comment_1213
    Post edited by Dave on