ValueError: could not convert string to float:

Any ideas on what might be causing this error? 

Thanks for your help! 

sim

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "invest_natcap\iui\executor.pyc", line 553, in runModel

File "C:\Program Files\RIOS 1.0.0b12 x86\rios_data\.\rios\rios.py", line 28, in execute

File "C:\Program Files\RIOS 1.0.0b12 x86\rios_data\.\rios\rios.py", line 202, in execute_30

File "C:\Program Files\RIOS 1.0.0b12 x86\rios_data\.\rios\rios.py", line 1223, in _normalize_rasters

File "C:\Program Files\RIOS 1.0.0b12 x86\rios_data\.\rios\rios.py", line 1344, in _map_raster_to_table

ValueError: could not convert string to float: Woody Wetlands

None

02/10/2015 15:33:35 root ERROR Exiting due to failures

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Looks like it's trying to convert something in the landcover table maybe that is supposed to have a floating point value in it, but instead has the description "Woody Wetlands".  Is it possible your table is off by a column or something?

Sorry I can only address these things in a bursty way as I try to overhaul another huge issue in InVEST.  If you can send me your table i can take a look, but I might not be able to get back to it immediately, otherwise hopefully by tomorrow afternoon again.

• Rich, thanks so much for your response. I appreciate your time. 
    I don't think this is the issue - but I would love for it to be it, so I can move on... 
    I would have attached my tables here, but it does not allow me to upload a CSV. You can see my tables and the log in the following link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5igzjb9wp2kn139/AAB_uD5DC5zzbN4NLyJS37cba?dl=0 ;
    Thanks so much!
    simcha

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi slevental,

I just took a look at the general_lulc_coefficients CSV in your dropbox folder, and I think the issue is that your "lulc_general" column currently contains labels of landcover classes.  For RIOS to work, this column will need to contain integer landcover codes.

Let us know how this goes!
    James