Email preferences fixed

RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
Hi All, we figured out how to mostly save the email preferences of users from the previous version of the forum.  Roughly if a user was signed up to receive email from *any* category on the last forum, that user will now receive email from discussions on this forum.  That was approximately 10% of the registered users on the site, so sorry for emailing 90% of you today.

Hopefully things are settled now.  Back to science and more!
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi!
    I was just setting my notification preferences, but I can't select e-mail for any notifications except the last one ("Notify me when people mention me"). The default is set as "Popup", although I can un-tick the boxes for this option.

Is this just me or is it the system?

Cheers,
    Carla
  • DaveDave Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    My notification options look the same. 

It seems like there is no option to subscribe to only certain Categories, is that right Rich?

New forums look great though!
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Carla and Dave, turns out that the "Advanced Notifications" were an admin thing only, but I *just* chunked some of the forum's php code to add that ability to Members as well.  I see it on my member account now under Profile, then clicking on the upper right hand corner to "Edit Profile" then selecting "Notification Preferences" in the left column.  You should see a new section called "Category Notifications" which will give you some fine grained control over which notifications you'll receive. 

It would be great to hear if that works for you, and also let me know if it doesn't and I'll dig in deeper.
  • DaveDave Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    I see all the Category options now. Thanks Rich!

I'll take note of whether the emails change according to my new prefs.
  • Dear Rich, I have two (2) questions.

1.  I have tryied to execute the nutrient model in Windows Powershell. I have started with your examples.

The command line is not giving any error, whereas it is obvious that is not running.

2. I would like to run the nutrient model  more than 1000 times, changing the input variables and having 1000 results. I would like to perform a monte-carlo analysis of some input parameters. How can I achieve that?

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Ourania,

For #1, can you post a screenshot or a copy of paste of the output?  It would be unusual to see that a run at the command line wouldn't print anything at all.

For #2, an MC analysis would involve modifying the python script generated by InVEST to run in a loop.  And of course a Monte Carlo analysis would mean programmatically generating some of the nutrient parameters based on a random distribution at runtime.  All of that will involve a moderate amount of Python programming and statistical analysis.  I'm happy to help with specific errors, but setting up an MC analysis is more of a long-term research problem.

And FYI, this thread is about email preferences being fixed from the forum migration a year ago.  I'm going to close the thread now, but if you'd like to follow up about either of your questions could you please open a new thread on the forum and post there?

This discussion has been closed.