Coastal Protection Model & Python issues

cdoughtycdoughty Member
edited September 2014 in Marine Models
Hello,
I'm a brand new user of the InVEST models, I have experience with ArcGIS v10.1 but am unfamiliar with Python. I've downloaded InVEST 3.0.1 and the necessary python extensions. I'm attempting to use the Profile Generator of the Coastal Protection model with the Bark Sound sample dataset. When I run the model I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Cheryl\Desktop\InVEST_3_0_1_x86\python\CP1_ProfileGenerator.py", line 7, in
import CPf_SignalSmooth as SignalSmooth
ImportError: No module named CPf_SignalSmooth
Failed to execute (ProfileGenerator22).

What I can glean from this is that the "CPf_SignalSmooth" module is incorrect or cannot be found...

I don't know how to fix this. Does anyone have insights?

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Oooh, sorry about this. The 3.0.1 version of the CP model was missing a file in the ArcGIS directory. We've added it back in the most recent installer if you want to try that: http://ncp-dev.stanford.edu/~dataportal/nightly-build/InVEST_dev445_3_0_1 [31f81f0a4133]_x86_Setup.exe
  • Thank you. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded this several times now, and I'm still getting the same error message.
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi I just double checked in the build and I can see it on my installation. Are you sure you're adding the right toolbox? The standard build is in a folder titled something like "C:\InVEST_3_0_1_x86" but the dev installation will look stranger, something like "C:\InVEST_dev552_3_0_1 [9b0b1a9e1111]_x86". Is there any chance you're doing the dev install but still pulling the toolbox from the original 3_0_1 directory?
  • The toolbox was from the "C:\InVEST_dev552_3_0_1 [9b0b1a9e1111]_x86" folder. I deleted the original "C:\InVEST_3_0_1_x86".

I re-downloaded the python extensions and now it works! Thank you very much for your help.