Pollination model error

GRLGRL Member
edited June 2014 in Terrestrial Models
Hi all,

I am trying to run pollination model with INVEST 2.5.6 in ArcGis 10 and it gives me an error (ERROR 010333: Invalid Weight neighborhood mask:: C:\INVEST_2_5_6_X86\POLLINATION\INTERMEDIATE\WEIGHTPOLLENAPIS.TXT
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.). It appers always, with my own data and with the data provided as an example. The WEIGHTPOLLENAPIS.TXT is generated by the model and I have opened it and as far as I know it is ok. I have also try the standalone version 3.0.1 and it does not run well. ¿Could anybody help me to solve the problem?

Thank you.

Gloria
Post edited by admin on

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Gloria,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! Would it be possible to post the error log from the InVEST 3.0.1 standalone? That will be much easier to debug.

Thannks,
    James
  • GRLGRL Member
    Hi James,
    I have installed the standalone version in four different computers. In one it does not appear in Windows stars menu, in other one it appears but the black window opens and closes immediately without making anything. In the third one the black windows opens but he next does not appear. Finally, in the last computer it runs with your data and says that Operations have been completed successfully but I have a lot of problems to see the maps. It seems that everything is ok. The .aux files have correct values, I think (frm_avg_cur : Min 0.0153, Miax 0.1779; sup_tot_cur: Min 0, Max 0.3336; Sup_val_sum_cur: Min 0, Max 2.456), but when I open the tiff files with ArcGis 10 the projection has changed, all the map appears in one colour although the values are different, etc. I have used different tolls to see them properly, such as float or abs, apply a maks to eliminate no data values, and so on, but the problem remains.

When I try to run the model with my own data it gives an error from the very beginning when I enter the .csv files (please see attached documents).I have checked them and as far as I know they are correct. Both columns are in the files but the program does not recognise them.

Thanks,

Gloria
    Hi Gloria,

I'm surprised that the 3.0 standalones would not work on all the computers you tried them on. We do have some known issues with Windows XP and some occasional bugs like the ones you found. I am glad that you found a computer that would cooperate, though!

The problem with your CSV file is with the first column. The placement of quotes and commas is very important and can be tricky to get right.

For your LULC table, the LULC column looks like this:
    LULC,
    But it should look like this:
    "LULC",
    The same goes for your GuildRBU.csv:
    SPECIES,
    should be
    "SPECIES",
    As for your ArcGIS questions, I would not expect the projection to have changed when running the model. Would you please send me the projection WKT for both the inputs and the model outputs?

Colors are a different issue, and not something directly related to our model outputs. In ArcGIS, I would recommend styling the rasters with a color ramp. To stylize with a color ramp, right-click on your layer and click 'Properties'. Then in the popup, there should be a 'Symbology' tab. Click the 'Stretched' option in the 'show' list of options on the left-hand side of the window, then select your desired color ramp from the dropdown menu and press OK.

Hope this helps!
    James
  • GRLGRL Member
    Hi James,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Thank you for your help. It runs!!!!! It seems that the problem was the excel. I have built the .csv files with a text program and Invest reads them without any problem. However, the problem with the projection remains. Attached you can find a description of the problem. I also send to you the metadata and the prj files of the inputs. Are they the projection WKT you asked for? I am sorry but I really do not know how to obtain these files from the outputs. The only file that has some information is the .aux but it is only statistic. I really do not if the problem is related to the data, the Invest or the ArcGis.

Thanks,

Gloria

Hi Gloria,

Great! I'm really glad that the tool runs through.

I tried running the pollination model on the sample inputs and I can't seem to reproduce the projection error you describe (thanks for your thorough documentation, though!). When I load the sample input raster (lulc_samp_cur) and the same output raster you selected (sup_val_sum_cur.tif) into ArcGIS 10 (service pack 5), it loads them just fine and without a projection error. When I check out the details of the projections for both of these rasters, both appear to be the same. I tried the same thing in QGIS 2.2, with the same results.

Would it be possible to try visualizing these rasters in QGIS, just to see if it will load them? QGIS can be downloaded from here: http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html

Thanks!
    James