This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Pollination tool - XY Table required

ClaireClaire Member
edited May 2014 in Terrestrial Models
I am using the pollination tool. It seems like the tool finishes creating the nesting and floral maps and then the tool fails and I get the following error:

Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000735: XY Table: Value is required
Failed to execute (MakeXYEventLayer)

My raster layer has a spatial projection and the table of farm centroids is listed as being optional so I am not sure what XY table is missing that is causing this error?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Post edited by admin on

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Claire,

What version of InVEST are you using?

My guess about the error you're experiencing is that the tool actually expects the farms table (which is the only input to the tool that includes X and Y coordinates for points), despite whatever the UI says.

It sounds like you're using the ArcGIS version of the pollination tool, which we have replaced with a faster, entirely open-source tool. I've you've downloaded the latest version of InVEST already, you can find it in your Start Menu. If not, the latest version can be downloaded here. I would definitely recommend using the latest version of InVEST if possible.

Let us know how this goes for you!
    James
  • ClaireClaire Member
    I downloaded the new standalone version and the error disappeared thanks. I still have a question relating to the output. My input land use file is a circle - radius 1500m - surrounding a focal field of interest. When I used a similar tool previously the output of the model was for a subset of the 1500m circle - the inner part where enough surrounding land use data was available. This made sense but I see that when I run the current InVEST tool that my output is the whole 1500m radius circle. I am wondering how the edges of the circle are calculated when they have no data surrounding them in many places?
    Thanks
    Claire
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Before we do a gaussian filter to model flight patterns, the tool sets all nodata pixels to have a value of 0. We then flip all of these pixels back to nodata before writing out the raster.
This discussion has been closed.