This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Habitat Quality could not convert string to float

Hi, I'm running the Habitat Quality Model and got an error "could not convert string to float".
I attached the log file here.
I have a saturation constant which is 0.5. 

How can I solve this?

Comments

• It's working now. I realized I have an empty cell in my sensitivity csv.
    However, now that it is running, is it normal to take hours of processing time and probably days?
    It's been 3 hours, but the progress says "convolution worker approximately 0.3% complete..."!
    With this speed, it will take me days or probably weeks! My raster files are at 1x1 cell size and area of interest is at 1627680280 ha.

Any suggestions how I can speed this up?
    I have one more map to run, same data except for the values of the Threat csv.
    I'm on a very tight deadline. I hope you someone can help me. :(

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    @aicelalvarez, especially if you're trying to run the model on a deadline, you'll likely want to resample your rasters to a coarser resolution before running the model.  I doubt there'll be much extra information you'll gain by running the model on pixels of 1m by 1m vs. say, 30m by 30m or something even coarser.

By the by, there'll be 1 convolution per threat per scenario (and maybe plus another few), so at 4.16 days per convolution (based on the percentage complete you mentioned), HQ would take a very long time indeed to compute!
  • Thanks, @jdouglas.
    I converted my files to 10x10m and it finished in just around 10minutes.

Does the output really shows no data for the parts where the threats are located?
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    The output should be nodata where any of the threats are nodata.  To ensure that your outputs contain pixel values where they should, I'd suggest not even setting a nodata value in any of your threat rasters and instead only using pixel values of 0 and 1.  Does that help at all given your inputs