This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

People and organizations who are working on solving the fundamental problems that the humanity have

Dear all,

I have thought the humanity would be extinct under the current condition from over 30 years before.
Today, this idea is spreading around the world in terms of sustainability.

Sustainability addresses energy issues, responding to climate change, preventing water pollution, preserving marine resources, preventing deforestation, etc.
But, all of those are the coping with results.
Activities such as the development of renewable energy and the conservation of biodiversity are important, but if we do not solve the root cause of the results, it is only a coping therapy.
The root cause is the humanity itself and human society. Therefore, I think we must change the humanity and social systems themselves sustainable.

I come up with two directions, one is to upgrade the humanity itself to a new something (like Human 2.0). The other is to upgrade the social systems to something new.

About the upgrading of the humanity, I would entrust it to Elon Musk etc, I'm interested in upgrading the social systems.
I want to devote myself to such works, thus I want to know who and which organizations are working on upgrading social systems.

The natural capital project might be one of them I think, and others are The Natural Step and Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy etc.

If you know people and organizations who are working on solving the fundamental problems that the humanity and human society have, instead of coping therapy for the problems, I'm glad if you introduce them to me.
I'd like to contribue to the survival of humanity and the future generations.