This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Excel spread sheet to use for NDR/ SDR results

Hello all, 

I am in the process of interpreting the results from the study I am doing and have designed a spreadsheet that can be used for quick seperation and graphic visualization of the data. I'm still in the process of refining the spreadsheet but wanted to share to start getting comments and suggestions as people play around with it. 

Along with that in the spreadsheet is a way in which to weigh whatever the unit you divide the entire data by (subwatershed, municipality) to figure out which areas to prioritize when starting a new proposal for action to take place. 

Thank you for your time,
Thomas Price

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Thomas -

Sorry for the delay in responding - spring fever is keeping things really busy here. It looks like you're doing some great work in designing a workflow for doing ES analyses, and it's interesting to see that you have PES information in there too. We also often create spreadsheets like this, depending on the unit of analysis that we're working with, and connecting this information with spatial results can be very informative for decisionmakers. 

I don't know whether you're intending for this to be available for others to use, but I'll be very interested to hear what others think. If it is intended for others to use, my one quick comment is that, even though the field names are descriptive (and there are a lot of them!), a brief description of the tabs and fields would be very useful so people can use it properly and make sure they understand the results.

The only other thing of note right now is that it looks like these are all biophysical measures, which is what we most often use, but if you get to the point of incorporating people (number of people potentially affected, etc) that would be another very useful weighting option, as we increasingly try to connect biophysical to people.

Thank you very much for posting this - it's always nice to see how people are actually implementing these analyses, and hopefully it will be useful for others too.

~ Stacie