Restored Raster Higher NDR export and load than Baseline

Hi all, 

I ran the RIOS model to create a raster portraying where activities should be implemented across the study area. This was converted into a LULC showing the restored areas (restored raster). This was then ran through the NDR model to give results for export and load of nutrients. Checking it against the baseline raster, all values for export and load were higher than what was shown at the baseline raster. I used the same inputs for each, just the LULC was different. My thoughts point me towards the biophysical attribute table as being responsible for this error. However I am not familiar enough with the biophysical attributes to know for certain what to change. When the biophysical attributes were calculated for the restored raster it was an average between what the existing (baseline) LULC value was and the best value that could be achieved for that field. For the degraded landscape it was an average between the baseline LULC and the worst value that could be achieved for that field. Linked is the biophysical table, the inputs, outputs as well as the RIOS activity_portfolio_total. 

Thank you for your time,
Thomas Price 

Comments

  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Thomas -

    The first thing I see that could be causing this result is that most of the area that is "enhancedagriculture" in the restored scenario is "grass" in the baseline LULC. The N_exp value for grass is 1500, while the N_exp value for enhancedagriculture is 6478, so you'll have much higher values for n_export in the restored scenario. And there's a lot of this area, so it will probably have a large impact on the result.

    ~ Stacie
Sign In or Register to comment.