This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

SDR: 3.4.4; General fail at the end

Hi everyone,

Woohoo! It's been a long time since I've done a big run for the SDR.  I'm re-runnign the Hawaiian islands to update the land use classificatoins.  

But - I don't understand the new errors as well as I used to.  I get all the way past sed-export, past-d-dn, and then it says it can't make the file - which it has been accessing all along.  

Any ideas?  It takes ~1 hour to run, so I'd rather not do this again unless I know what to do to fix it.

Note: all along it wants to redo my projections - but I checked and they are all NAD83-UTM4.  I don't know?

Kim 
>>>>>>.

02/06/2019 12:55:05  natcap.invest.sdr  INFO     calculating d_dn bare soil
02/06/2019 12:55:18  osgeo              ERROR    [errno 4] Attempt to create new tiff file `E:\Maui Project Data\MauiNui30x30\intermediate_outputs\processed_cell.tif' failed: Permission denied
02/06/2019 12:55:18  natcap.invest.ui.model ERROR    Exception while executing <function execute at 0x0F1CBAB0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\ui\model.py", line 1505, in _logged_target
  File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\sdr.py", line 276, in execute
  File "src\natcap\invest\pygeoprocessing_0_3_3\routing\routing_core.pyx", line 940, in natcap.invest.pygeoprocessing_0_3_3.routing.routing_core.distance_to_stream (src/natcap/invest/pygeoprocessing_0_3_3/routing\routing_core.cpp:14920)
  File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\pygeoprocessing_0_3_3\geoprocessing.py", line 342, in new_raster_from_base_uri
  File "src\natcap\invest\pygeoprocessing_0_3_3\geoprocessing_core.pyx", line 431, in natcap.invest.pygeoprocessing_0_3_3.geoprocessing_core.new_raster_from_base_uri (src/natcap/invest/pygeoprocessing_0_3_3\geoprocessing_core.cpp:8742)
  File "src\natcap\invest\pygeoprocessing_0_3_3\geoprocessing_core.pyx", line 503, in natcap.invest.pygeoprocessing_0_3_3.geoprocessing_core.new_raster_from_base (src/natcap/invest/pygeoprocessing_0_3_3\geoprocessing_core.cpp:9600)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetProjection'
02/06/2019 12:55:18  natcap.invest.ui.model INFO     Execution finished
02/06/2019 12:55:18  natcap.invest.utils INFO     Elapsed time: 46m 1.76s

Tagged:

Comments

• Oh - and for the sake of the project, I guess I can just use zonal statistics on the sedexport layer?  Not sure what other steps were after this in the processing. 

Ki m
  • Well - I decided to try out 3.6 to see if that would fix it, and hoorah, yes.  I don't know what magic you did to pygeoprocessing in there, but my layers were not entirely at fault, and it ran.

Model run time was the same between 3.4 and 3.6 (about 45-50 min).

Kim 
  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hey Kim -

Well I'm not sure what magic 3.6 did either, because errors like this

Attempt to create new tiff file `E:\Maui Project Data\MauiNui30x30\intermediate_outputs\processed_cell.tif' failed: Permission denied

make me think that there's a drive permission, disk space, network drive or some sort of related issue that the tool wouldn't be able to fix. But hey, woohoo for success!

~ Stacie