This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Scenario Generator: TypeError encountered

ScarScar Member
edited January 26 in Terrestrial Models
Hello, I am attempting to run the scenario generator rule-based model. However, I keep running into the TypeError, %d format: a number is required, not unicode.

I have attempted to locate from which table this error arises from, to no avail. 

Please assist in locating whether this error arises from. I have attached a log file.
Post edited by Scar on

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hello,

It looks like you're running a super old version of InVEST.  Would you please try this development version of InVEST and see if it corrects the issue?

Thanks,
    James
  • ScarScar Member
    Hello JDouglass

Sorry, I attached a wrong log the wrong log file. I have run into the same error on 3.5.0. The log is attached below. Would it be helpful I sent you the accompanying csv files.

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hello Scar,

Thanks for sending along your tables.  I think the issue is with your transition table.  Specifically, the issue is with the 'percent change' column.  The user's guide is incorrect in the examples provided, but the sample data tables do have the correct format.  Values in the 'percent change' column should be positive integers ... without the '%' sign.  I suspect that if you remove that character, the model should run as expected.

Could you try that out and let us know how this goes?
    Thanks,
    James
  • ScarScar Member
    Hello

It turns out that was the error and also there was a column missing in the Transition Matrix. I corrected both and moved away from the error.
This discussion has been closed.