Optional Assessment: Belize

Hi,

I'm doing the example for Belize in the MOOC, but when i went to run the "Habitat Areas Summaries" the following message appears:

Executing: HabitatAreaSummaries C:\Users\y.gonzalez411\InVEST_3.5.0_x86\Belize_exp Current C:\Users\y.gonzalez411\Downloads\bz_coastalPlanRegions_9.shp NAME C:\Users\y.gonzalez411\Downloads\hra\cur\h2_mangrove_Risk.shp C:\Users\y.gonzalez411\Downloads\hra\cur\h1_corals_Risk.shp C:\Users\y.gonzalez411\Downloads\hra\cur\h3_seagrass_Risk.shp
Start Time: Fri Nov 16 18:59:15 2018
ERROR 000576: Script associated with this tool does not exist.
Failed to execute (HabitatAreaSummaries).
Failed at Fri Nov 16 18:59:15 2018 (Elapsed Time: 0,00 seconds)

I checked and my ArcGIS has the 10.6 version, so it isn't an old version problem, I don't know what else to do (i've attached the inputs that I enter). Thank for your time !

806 x 433 - 27K

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi @yuranigonza -

The error "Script associated with this tool does not exist" usually means that the tool can't find the Python script needed to run the tool's computations. Right-click on the toolbox and select Properties, then Source. The "Script File" should point to <the folder where you unzipped NatCap_marineHelperTools>\python\HabitatAreaSummaries.py

Also note that these scripts are now probably very out of date, so hopefully it will still work with Arc 10.6, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. We are in the process of updating the MOOC, but it will be a while before the new version is ready.

~ Stacie
  • Thank you ! The "Habitat Areas Summaries" tool ran fine after checking script !

But do you know where I can find the excel documents for "coastal protection profile generator" and the "erosion protection"? They are not in the Coastal Protection folder of the InVEST software that I downloaded.

Again thank you for your time 
  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Glad to hear that you got the toolbox working.

I'm not as familiar with the marine models, but I believe that there's some confusion between Coastal Protection and Coastal Vulnerability. We used to have both of these models, but Coastal Protection is currently not available. Really, the "Coastal Protection" sample data folder is for the "Coastal Vulnerability" tool, and the files for Coastal Protection have been removed. So I think (please NatCappers correct me if I'm wrong) that the profile generator and erosion protection were part of Coastal Protection so no longer exist. 

Apologies for the confusion, this is why we're working on updating the MOOC!

~ Stacie