This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

SDR model_Error message

I got this error message while running SDR model. Any idea of what this means?
Thanks in advance for your replies :)
1053 x 1034 - 176K

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Yesh, that shouldn't happen. Could you dropbox me your datastack? You can go to the InVEST File -> Save As menu, then select "Data archive" for the datastack type. Then can you send me that archive? My dropbox account is richsharp@stanford.edu.
  • Hi Rich,

I sent you my data by Dropbox. I hope you can give me some feedback. Thank you very much in advance :)
    Hi @A_Medina, it looks like your DEM pixels are not square which is indirectly the cause of this error. I'm working on a development version of SDR InVEST that handles this case, and more, but it's not quite ready yet. I'd suggest either resampling your DEM to have square pixels or waiting a few days and I can push you a version of InVEST that handles this case.
  • OK, thanks :)
  • @Rich!
    I tried running the watersheds separately and it worked out. I was a lot of work though. 

However, I was no possible for some of them as you can see in the figure attached. 

Do you have an idea of what could be hapenning? if I have been following the same procedure for all of them and there is data to calculate   (I mean the rasters include those areas)?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Best.
    Alicia
    1574 x 694 - 534K
  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Alicia -

Look at the stream.tif output from the model and see if streams are defined in those watersheds. If streams are not defined (usually because the threshold flow accumulation is too large, or it's a really flat, difficult area) then you'll get no data for sed_export. But, if the streams are the problem, I think you should get USLE output - do you?

~ Stacie

• Hi Stacie,

Thanks for replying. No, I don't have results for USLE either. Actually, the above-attached figure represents the USLE value for the study area. What could the reason be?

Best,
    Alicia
    What I would do next is look through the intermediate results and see where the missing data begins. Check out rkls in the top Workspace folder, then go to the files in the intermediate_outputs folder. If you trace back through the equations in the User Guide (which match pretty easily with the intermediate files), it might help narrow down the problem. 

~ Stacie
  • Sure! I will check them out... thanks 
  • Hi Stacie,

I just realized that the missing data begins in the flow accumulation output for all cases (12 in total, an example attached). Could it be a problem with my DEM raster? What do you think?

BR.
    Alicia
    1628 x 741 - 753K
    That's really interesting, Alicia. I'm not sure why flow accumulation would produce no output when flow direction did. It is certainly possible that there's a problem with the DEM (I'm guessing that, at this point, you've already filled pits etc), but usually that will make choppy streams. @Rich, any idea what might be happening?

~ Stacie

Hi @A_Medina, I'm compiling a development version of SDR right at the moment that may help with all your problems here. But in case you're online right now, I'd love to test it against your data before I send it to you. Otherwise I'll post a development version of InVEST here in a few minutes.
    Oh disregard! You already sent me your datastack long ago!!!
    Hi @A_Medina, would you be willing to try out this development version of SDR? It's got a lot of new features including better handling of any issues that might arise from non-standard DEMs and overall better performance. And FYI I was able to run this on the data stack you sent me without a problem. 

• ¡Perfecto Rich! 
    I will try it out tomorrow morning and... will let you know what the result is.
    Thank YOU for all the support.
    Alicia