NDR Dataset Intersection Empty

Hi,

I'm running into an error telling me not all my datasets touch each other in the NDR model. However, I prepped my DEM, land use raster, nutrient runoff proxy and watersheds in GIS with the same projection and snap raster. After I got this error the first time, I expanded my rasters to include a buffer around the watershed vector in case there were any mismatches between the vector and raster formats. Any ideas how to rectify this? I tried uploading the zipped files, but they were still too big. 

Thanks!

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi @ihillman -

Which coordinate system are you using? Someone just posted about the same issue recently, and it turned out that their coordinate system wasn't supported well by the underlying libraries, and when they changed to UTM the error went away. 

~ Stacie
  • Hi Stacie,

Thanks for that advice. I changed all the projections to UTM, and am now getting a new error that reads "Attribute Error encountered: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetProjection.' Any ideas about this one?

Best,
    Isabel
    edited September 27
    Hi Isabel -

I usually see that error when I'm running out of disk space, so check for that. I think it can also happen if you're using a network drive or using something on the cloud as your workspace, so if that's the case try running it on a local disk.

~ Stacie
    Post edited by swolny on
  • Hi Stacie,

My disk space did seem to be too limited. I now have my output folder linked to a Box account. Unfortunately, my options are limited about where to save data due to constraints on memory designated by my school. With this change, my new error is 'Nonetype' object has no attribute 'GetRasterBand'. I'm happy to share my inputs if that would help!

Thanks,
    Isabel
    Hm, I wonder if having it linked to Box is causing the problem. I don't know how you have Box configured, but if it's constantly trying to copy files to the cloud, while the model is constantly creating, deleting and updating those files, it seems like that could be an issue. Or, if the data is only located remotely and not locally, the lag time of the connection between your machine and the cloud could also be a problem. @jdouglass, any further thoughts?

~ Stacie
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Isabel and Stacie,

While I can really only speculate without taking a look at the logfile, it's very likely that having the output folder within your Box or Dropbox folder is indeed causing this problem   The issue is that Windows is very picky about which applications have opened files.  So if an InVEST model is running *and* Box is scanning the output folder for changed files, it's very likely that InVEST won't be able to open a file that's already open in Box.  The solution to this would be to either 1) move the outputs folder to be outside of your Box folder or 2) disable Box scanning/uploading until after the InVEST run has completed.

Hope this helps!
    James