MOOC NCP101 Additional Assessment - Error Using "Habitat Area Summaries"

tobiFtobiF Member
Hey, 

I tried to do the Additonal Assessment abut Belize in Module 3. I downloaded the data and the NatCap Marine helper tools. Once opened ArcGIS 10.5, I opened the tool "Habitat Area Summaries" and filled out the interface. But there is always the same error occuring: 

Executing: HabitatAreaSummaries "D:\Uni\MOOC\An Introduction to the Natural Capital Approach\Assessments\Belize" cur bz_coastalPlanRegions_9 NAME h2_mangrove_Risk h1_corals_Risk h3_seagrass_Risk
Start Time: Thu Aug 16 17:50:17 2018
Running script HabitatAreaSummaries...

Checking and preparing the inputs...

Calculating FUNCTIONAL AREA of habitat within each ANALYSIS grid or planning region...
Failed script HabitatAreaSummaries...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Uni\MOOC\An Introduction to the Natural Capital Approach\Assessments\Belize\python\HabitatAreaSummaries.py", line 145, in <module>
    gp.Union_analysis(UnionMangroveExpr, unionMangroveZones)
RuntimeError: Object: Error in executing tool

Failed to execute (HabitatAreaSummaries).
Failed at Thu Aug 16 17:50:23 2018 (Elapsed Time: 5,89 seconds)

Can anyone tell me, how I can solve this problem?

Thank you very much ;)

Tobias ;)

Comments

• HenryBHenryB Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Tobias,

Thanks for reaching out about this! I apologize, but the ArcGIS-based Marine Helper Tools are no longer supported (we've opted to leave the current course up as-is, in hopes that it is still a valuable resource in other ways). We are going to be updating our MOOC this fall, with better and more-up-to-date hands-on exercises, but unfortunately, for now, I don't think we have anyone that can help with this issue.

For now, the best resource for our marine InVEST models will be through the InVEST User's Guide.

All the Best,

Henry