Coastal Blue Carbon, Error with samples

Hi,

I'm trying to run the Coastal Blue Carbon 3.4.4 to verify that it can be useful to our pourpose. When I run the model with all the data samples tath you provide I have some errors.

08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.utils INFO     Writing log messages to C:\Users\albertonk91\Documents\coastal_blue_carbon_workspace\InVEST-Coastal-Blue-Carbon-log-2018-08-14--18_30_17.txt
08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.ui.model Level 100 Starting model with parameters: 
Arguments for InVEST natcap.invest.coastal_blue_carbon.coastal_blue_carbon 3.4.4:
analysis_year              
carbon_pool_initial_uri    C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/outputs_preprocessor/carbon_pool_initial_sample.csv
carbon_pool_transient_uri  C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/outputs_preprocessor/transitions_sample.csv
do_economic_analysis       False
lulc_baseline_map_uri      C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/GBJC_2010_mean_Resample.tif
lulc_baseline_year         2010
lulc_lookup_uri            C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/lulc_lookup.csv
lulc_transition_maps_list  [u'C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/GBJC_2030_mean_Resample.tif', u'C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/GBJC_2050_mean_Resample.tif']
lulc_transition_matrix_uri C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/outputs_preprocessor/carbon_pool_transient_sample.csv
lulc_transition_years_list []
results_suffix             prueba
workspace_dir              C:\Users\albertonk91\Documents\coastal_blue_carbon_workspace

08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.coastal_blue_carbon.coastal_blue_carbon INFO     Starting Coastal Blue Carbon model run...
08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.ui.model ERROR    Exception while executing <function execute at 0x13F5C730>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\ui\model.py", line 1505, in _logged_target
  File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\coastal_blue_carbon\coastal_blue_carbon.py", line 126, in execute
  File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\coastal_blue_carbon\coastal_blue_carbon.py", line 675, in get_inputs
  File "site-packages\pygeoprocessing\geoprocessing.py", line 310, in align_and_resize_raster_stack
ValueError: base_raster_path_list, target_raster_path_list, and resample_method_list must be the same length  current lengths are [3, 1, 1]
08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.ui.model INFO     Execution finished
08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.utils INFO     Elapsed time: 0.03s

Thanks in advanced.

Alberto

Comments

• kwyattkwyatt Member
    Hi Alberto, 

I'd be happy to help! I have a couple of questions so I know which direction to go.  Did the model complete even with these errors?  Were you running the model with all of the sample input data or were you combining sample data with some of your own?  

Best, 

Katherine 
  • Hi Kwyatt,

Thanks for the fast answer, no the model ends with an error, apparently some error with the "transition_sample" csv. Im not modifiying the sample data, just feeding the model with it to see the results.

Best

Alberto

• kwyattkwyatt Member
    Alberto, 

Thanks for the additional information.  Can you please attach the log file that the model produced?  It should be in the workplace directory you identified in the user interface. 

- Katherine 

• Hi Katherine, see atached the las log that I have.

08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.utils INFO     Writing log messages to C:\Users\albertonk91\Documents\coastal_blue_carbon_workspace\InVEST-Coastal-Blue-Carbon-log-2018-08-14--18_30_17.txt
    08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.ui.model Level 100 Starting model with parameters: 
    Arguments for InVEST natcap.invest.coastal_blue_carbon.coastal_blue_carbon 3.4.4:
    analysis_year              
    carbon_pool_initial_uri    C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/outputs_preprocessor/carbon_pool_initial_sample.csv
    carbon_pool_transient_uri  C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/outputs_preprocessor/transitions_sample.csv
    do_economic_analysis       False
    lulc_baseline_map_uri      C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/GBJC_2010_mean_Resample.tif
    lulc_baseline_year         2010
    lulc_lookup_uri            C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/lulc_lookup.csv
    lulc_transition_maps_list  [u'C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/GBJC_2030_mean_Resample.tif', u'C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/inputs/GBJC_2050_mean_Resample.tif']
    lulc_transition_matrix_uri C:/InVEST_3.4.4_x86/CoastalBlueCarbon/outputs_preprocessor/carbon_pool_transient_sample.csv
    lulc_transition_years_list []
    results_suffix             prueba
    workspace_dir              C:\Users\albertonk91\Documents\coastal_blue_carbon_workspace

08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.coastal_blue_carbon.coastal_blue_carbon INFO     Starting Coastal Blue Carbon model run...
    08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.ui.model ERROR    Exception while executing <function execute at 0x13F5C730>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\ui\model.py", line 1505, in _logged_target
      File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\coastal_blue_carbon\coastal_blue_carbon.py", line 126, in execute
      File "c:\users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.invest\label\gce-windows-1\release_env\lib\site-packages\natcap\invest\coastal_blue_carbon\coastal_blue_carbon.py", line 675, in get_inputs
      File "site-packages\pygeoprocessing\geoprocessing.py", line 310, in align_and_resize_raster_stack
    ValueError: base_raster_path_list, target_raster_path_list, and resample_method_list must be the same length  current lengths are [3, 1, 1]
    08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.ui.model INFO     Execution finished
    08/14/2018 18:30:17  natcap.invest.utils INFO     Elapsed time: 0.03s

In fact, I just need to see the results to verify that they are useful to my research. If you can post the results here it could be useful to me also.

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Alberto,  I'm guessing that the error is because the model needs two transition years.  If you add 2030 and 2050 to the transition years list, I bet the model will continue.

In any case, I've zipped up the outputs from the sample model run for you if that's easier: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxpp8019p3iskt9/cbc_sample_outputs_for_alberto.zip?dl=0
  • Hi Douglass,

I was running the model filling all the slots for the data, also the two slots corresponding with the future scenarios of LULC change. Anyway, I'm cheking the results and it seems useful to me. It is possible that when I run the model applied to my study area I will need some help, I will let you know.

Thanks a lot to the whole team of this forum, it is always helfuly and efficient.

Bests

Alberto