SWY Error sometimes, success sometimes with same inputs

Hi,

I am having some issues with the Seasonal Water Yield model while using the the advanced Climate Zones option. I have attached 3 log files below. The first attempt failed after trying 5 times (1st log file), then I switch my ET0 and Precip inputs (incredibly similar, just different years) and have varying successful and failed attempts (2nd and 3rd log files, respectively).

1) Error 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetProjection' - failed 5 times using ET0 and Precip data from 2010
2) Successful model - ET0 and Precip data from 2013
3) Error 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetProjection' - exact same inputs as the successful model, changed nothing and failed this time. This happened a few times.

Why is it that (a) the first attempt keeps failing? and (b) that the exact same inputs result in different outputs?

Thank you,
Alyssa

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Alyssa,

From the failed logfiles, it looks like the model is failing because of a permissions issue because a file SWY is trying to write to is open in another application.  In this case, it looks like your workspace is within what looks like it might be your dropbox folder.  I'd wonder if dropbox is scanning the file while SWY is running, which would then cause InVEST to crash when it tries to overwrite the already-opened file.

If the workspace is indeed in your dropbox folder, could you try running SWY a few times in a folder that isn't in your dropbox?  Hopefully that'll take care of it ... let us know if it doesn't!

Thanks!
    James
  • Great, thank you!!!