This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

ERROR SCENARIO GENERATOR - memory

Invest_JDJCInvest_JDJC Member
edited June 2018 in General
ERROR  SCENARIO GENERATOR :

Hello there,

Did you face this error before, do you have any idea about his origin and how to solve it?

Memory error of my machine?

ps: I have clipped a test zone (district) and result in the same error though

Thanks!
1223 x 690 - 268K
Post edited by Invest_JDJC on

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Thanks for letting us know!  The Rule-Based Scenario Generator currently has a known issue with large rasters that ultimately causes this MemoryError.  Could you try downsampling your LULC and try re-running the tool?

Thanks,
    James
  • Thanks again for your kind help!!

What do you mean exactly by that? Can you specify?
    That I should reclass LULC classes? Instead of the 12 classes that I have applied, should even less?

I already clip a district to test and re-run the model, but the same error appears. And distric area is small.

Cheers

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    By "downsampling", I mean making your LULC more coarse, with larger pixels.  The MemoryError is happening because the raster it's reading from has a lot of pixels in it.  So, we can work around it by using a raster with fewer pixels (or else clipping to an even smaller area).
  • Sure! Got it!
    Keep in touch!
  • ps: I have 25x25 (original from 1ha) now I will make more course to 50x50. I hope it owkrs then otherwise I am afraid to loose too much info
    Cheers!