This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Looking for input data Nutrient retention (export coefficients of LULC-Types, Germany)

NeleNele Member
edited December 2013 in Terrestrial Models
Dear all,
we are currrently working on an integration of the "Nutrient Retention & Water Purification" module within a communal Zero-Emission project in Germany. Is there maybe someone "out there" who applied this module in Germany yet and could provide data on nutrient export coefficients?
We appreciate any supporting comments speeding up our literature research!
Thanks in advance and best wishes,
Nele

Comments

• Hi Nele,

At NatCap, we've aggregated the literature values we've found for the nutrient retention and sediment retention models into a database that can be downloaded from our website (http://www.naturalcapitalproject.org/pubs/BiophysicalParameter_database_7_Jun_2013.accdb, also available under the Toolbx >> Data sources tab). I'm not sure how many values are available from Germany, but there may be some information from similar systems elsewhere there that could be of use to you.

If you do find relevant values in the database, one thing to keep in mind is that the raw values may need to be adjusted depending on how the scale of the study compares with the resolution at which you will be running the InVEST model.

We're always looking to expand the information in our database. If you find additional literature on export coefficients are aren't in this database and are willing to share, please let me know, and I'll add them to the database.

Best,
    Lisa

• Hi Lisa,
    great! Thanks for your help!
    Of course I will share any additional literature with you.
    Merry christmas and all the best,
    Nele