Complete Marine InVEST tollkit and FAQ?

edited May 23 in Marine Models
Dear all,

The user guide book refers to "Marine InVEST toolkit", "complete Marine InVEST analysis" or even "Marine InVEST FAQ", but I cannot find the definition of the first two, and I searched for the Marine InVEST FAQ on the website without success. 

We are now implementing HRA model on coastal / marine ecosystems and are now wondering about running other associated models to have a comprehensive understanding of our project site. That is why if there was a Marine InVEST toolkit, this would be interesting for us.

Best regards,

Antoine 
Post edited by antoine_saurat on

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Antoine,

Sorry for the confusion on this!  We did at one time distribute the marine InVEST models separately from the terrestrial models, but these have since all been wrapped up into what we currently distribute as InVEST.  So when you download InVEST from https://www.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest/, you'll get the latest versions of all of the InVEST models.

Out of curiosity, where are you finding these references to "Marine InVEST toolkit" and the like?

Thanks!
    James
  • Hello James,

Thank you for your answer. 
    I found references of the "marine toolkit" in the documentation:

- Section 4.2.3 "complete Marine InVEST Analysis"
    - Section 3.4 first paragraph "Marine InVEST toolset"
    - same Section 3.4 last paragraph "Marine InVEST FAQ"

Best regards,

Antoine
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Ah, makes sense, since we released InVEST 3.0.0 back in 2014.  Much has changed since then!  If you haven't already, I'd recommend upgrading to the latest released version of InVEST to take advantage of all of the work we've done on our software since then.

By the by, the distribution of InVEST includes the latest documentation, but you can always find the most up-to-date version of the docs at http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/nightly-build/invest-users-guide/html/