Coastal Vulnerability - AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetRasterBand'

Hello,

I am trying to run the Coastal Vulnerability Model using all provided data except my own AOI and habitat data. I keep getting the warning AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetRasterBand'. I know that this error has been discussed on here before, but I have not been able to figure out a solution to this problem with previous discussion threads. I am currently using InVEST version 3.4.2. and have attached the log file.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Chloe

Comments

• Hi Chloe,

My first guess from looking at your logfile is that there is something in the way you've drawn the AOI that is creating an issue for the model such that it can't 'find' the shoreline.  The AOI needs to encompass land and sea.  Will you post a screenshot of your AOI overlaid on the land polygon?  You can take a look at the same data AOI for clarification too...

Thanks,

Jess
  • Jess,

I have attached a screenshot of the AOI over the land polygon. It is not the exact shape I will be using, I have created a test AOI to work with before I take the time to draw a more detailed AOI. It is overlapping both land and sea, along with the continental shelf layer and a WWIII data point. In looking at the sample data provided, I am not sure what is different between the sample AOI that runs fine and my AOI, aside from the shape.

Thanks,
    Chloe
    777 x 749 - 40K
  • Hmmm, you're right - the AOI does look fine.
    It might be worth sending me your inputs so I can look at them.  You can send them to me at jess.silver@stanford.edu.  No need to send anything that you're using straight from the InVEST sample data.

• DaveDave Member, NatCap Staff
    Is there a chance your AOI's projection doesn't match the other inputs?
  • Thanks Jess, I will send you the inputs.

Dave, I have all inputs in GCS_WGS_1984, except for the habitat data which is in WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_16N because it says to have it projected in meters. Although I notice now that the provided AOI data for BarkClay is projected in meters as well in the WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_10N projection, so I will try and change my AOI to WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_16N and see if that works. Would you recommend all inputs be in the WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_16N projection to match?
  • DaveDave Member, NatCap Staff
    I would definitely recommend that all inputs use the same projection, and using the habitat layer as the one to match to is a good idea.

My original thought was that the AOI projection may have been different from the other layers in your screenshot, causing you to have an AOI with not coastline present, along the lines of Jess's first comment.