Water yield Model - watersheds and subwatersheds

Hi all,

I am running the4.4.2 version of the model. The input frame for the model has spaces for both watersheds and sub watersheds. The sub-watersheds are identified as optional however if there is file identified in the sub-watershed window it is marked by a red x. How do I make the model run if I don't want to enter sub-watershed data ?

thanks

Hildegaard

Comments

• OOPS ! I am running 3.4.2 version my bad !

the question remains the same

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    edited February 25
    Just put the same shapefile into the sub-watershed input as you're using for the watershed input. It will just need to have a "subws_id" field added.

These are just used for aggregating the per-pixel results, so you'll just get two of the same shapefiles in the output, instead of one aggregated by watershed and the other by sub-watershed.

~ Stacie
    Post edited by swolny on
  • excellent thanks,

next question, what units are the "Water Yield" outputs in ?

~HDL

Check out the User Guide - it lists the units of each model output.

~ Stacie

• Thanks Stacie I found the units for water yield while I was looking for something else.

In a post by a different person you noted that the sample data sets are not to be used in actual modeling.

I am looking at the evapotranspiration table in the user's guide.Section 7 in Appendix A Are these Kc values useable ?

edited March 1
    Yes, the values that are recommended in the Data Sources sections of the User Guide are good to use, at least as a first approximation. We usually do a literature search to try and find values that are more specific to our area/ecoregion/forest type/crop type/etc. But if nothing better comes up, then sources like FAO and USDA are the "best available" data, which is what we strive for. Whatever you use, remember to document your sources.

~ Stacie
    Post edited by swolny on