Coastal Erosion Protection Model

Why is the coastal erosion protection model no longer available on the most recent InVEST platforms?

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi @Hjshows, we deprecated the Coastal Protection Tier 1 ArcGIS model in April of 2017 because of its dependency on ArcGIS.  You can still find the model at http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest-releases/deprecated_models.html if you really need it, but I'd recommend taking a look at what's available in the latest versions of InVEST instead.
  • ssramosssramos Member
    Hi @jdouglass, as a follow up of your previous replay, my question is there a new version of the Coastal Protection model?  
    If not, apart from the dependency on ArcGIS is this model suitable to be used to assess coastal protection service provided by sand dunes? Thank you!
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi @ssramos, I've contacted our lead analysts for this model who will be able to provide a better answer to your question than I might!
  • Hi,

We do not currently have a new version of the Coastal Protection model.  I would recommend looking at XBeach, which is a 1D model similar to the old version of the coastal protection model.  Thanks,

Jess
  • ssramosssramos Member
    Thank you @jdouglass and @Jess_Silver for you help!

we we're looking for XBeach and we noticed that it runs on MatLab - and we don't have a licence to use it.
    Do you have any other suggestion?!

thank you so much!

Sandra