ValueError: The rasters and vectors intersection is empty

Hello!

I have an issue while trying to run the SDR model (InVest 3.4.2). I prepared all of my data input rasters with the same projection (EU data, so I converted to WGS 84), but once I run the model, I get this: ValueError: The rasters' and vectors' intersection is empty (not all rasters and vectors touch each other). I tried both clipping -> projecting and projecting the larger data sets and then clipping. Could someone please run me through the correct process of projecting some of the input data? Maybe I am missing something.

And a second issue - I am running the model on a very small area (with one small stream), basically I only have a single watershed polygon (one polygon, one ws_id). Also, my DEM raster is cut exactly to this exact polygon, but for testing purposes I would be OK with skewed results (I realize that I need a larger DEM area for proper results). 

Thank you in advance, loads of problems, but any tips would be appreciated!

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi @edjorma -

WGS84 is a geographic coordinate system, but the models require a projected coordinate system (like UTM.) Try reprojecting them to a projected coordinate system and see if that fixes the ValueError.

It's fine to run the model on a small area, best if the small area is the boundary of the sub-watershed for the one small stream.

~ Stacie
  • Hey, thanks for the help, I will check again and project the files correctly. About the watershed - so I can simply use this one watershed polygon, without the need to subdivide even smaller watersheds? Thanks again, will post here soon.
  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Correct, you don't need sub-watersheds if you're not interested in them. Just use your one watershed polygon as the Watersheds input to the model.

~ Stacie