Degradation output in Habitat Quality model

Hello, 

Running the Habitat Quality model i did not encounter any errors, however, the imageimageresult raster for degradation only has a thin line in the left side of the study area. The quality raster is ok. I ran the model using only a current land use raster (no future nor baseline) and did it twice to set parameter k to half the maximun value of the degradation output (even though the first result seemed odd).

I should clarify that the white pixels next to the color line in the degradation raster have values really close to cero (or ceros) and therefore classification does not change its color. The black/grayish pixeles have values like: -53416413110489158000000000000000000000.000000

So, is this normal? is it related to what is specified in the Invest User Manual: "locations near the edge of the area of interest may have inflated habitat quality scores, because threats outside the area of interested are not properly accounted for". And most importantly how do i fix it?

Thank you in advance

Pamela 

Tagged:

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    I would say that is not normal. Or at least a correct output of the model. Could you dropbox me your datastack to richsharp@stanford.edu? I'll see if I can recreate and fix the error on my end.
    Hi @pamelapastors, I got your data. I saw your AOI was projected in lat/lng and I think the model requires all data are in the same projection. I reprojected your AOI to UTM17S which is what all your other rasters had and I was able to get it to run on my end. Can you try projecting your AOI and let me know if it doesn't work?
  • Hi @Rich, thank you so much for your response and help. I reprojected the access shapefile which was indeed in a different projection. Tried to run it, but the result is still wrong (same problem, degradation output shows a just a line). Then, i tried to run it without that layer, but the result still has the same problem. Any other thoughts? 

Thanks again!

Pamela

Hi Pamela, how about I take a look? Can you Dropbox your data to richsharp@stanford.edu? I'll see if I can figure out what's going on at my end.
  • I exported all the data again, setting all the 'NoData' values to 0, and that seems to have solved the problem. Nevertheless, results in the degradation output are below zero, would you take a look? Thanks again! 
    By the way i am using the latest version 3.4.2

Here is the data: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/donzglbqvz360v5/AADwjm9Jhe1lSk4FFCRKYGsja?dl=0