Coastal vulnerability - "ReadingError: Could not create geometry because of errors ..."

Hi!

I've just done a test run of the coastal vulnerability model using a .shp for sea level variation, but got this message: ReadingError: Could not create geometry because of errors while reading input

I used the same files I prepared for a previous project (which after some help from the forum, all worked!), so I didn't expect to have trouble with them, but it seems that the geomorphology .shp was the problem ("IllegalArgumentException: point array must contain 0 or >1 elements", see attachment)

For my previous project I used a dev version of InVEST 3.0.1, which I don't believe I have on my PC anymore...

Any help is welcome! Thanks!

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi @CarlaElliff, I'm not exactly sure what exactly about the geometry is causing the errors ... would you mind sending your inputs to jdouglass@stanford.edu so I can take a look?

Thanks!
  • Hi!

Sure, will do.

thanks!
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    For anyone coming across this issue in the future, it turned out that there were some geometries in the geomorphology input that were malformed.  Specifically, there were a number of LINESTRING features that had exactly one coordinate pair.  Since LINESTRINGs by definition must be either empty or have 2+ coordinate pairs, the model was failing to load the geometry into an internal spatial index and crashing.

The solution was to remove the malformed geometries and re-run the model with the new geomorphology input vector.
This discussion has been closed.