SDR- Failed to compute statistics, no valid pixels found in sampling.

HI everyone!

I have tried several times to run the SDR model, I got the unicode error ( "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xfc) and downloaded the new invest version; tried backlashes forlashes and still got this error: Failed to compute statistics, no valid pixels found in sampling.

Files and logs are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j51k106h708v2mf/AADBOTYQ-LUy82bIW40KPAV5a?dl=0

Apreciate the help!!

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    edited October 5
    Hi @dimanusc,

Thanks for your inputs, outputs and logfiles!

It looks like the UnicodeDecodeError was happening in a part of the UI separate from the model processing itself, so we can safely disregard it for the time being.  I'm including a fix for the next version of InVEST.

Tracing back the 'Failed to compute statistics' error message through the source code, it looks like the model isn't able to detect any streams.  Even when lowering the Threshold Flow Accumulation parameter, it looks like the resulting stream network (from WF/streams.tif) is really choppy:

Usually this is caused by a hydrologically incorrect DEM, which is required for our models.  Your best bet will be to fill the pits in the DEM with something like ArcHydro or SAGA and then try re-running the SDR model.

Hope this helps!
    Post edited by jdouglass on