SDR model calibration
Regarding the calibration and validation of the SDR model 3.3.3:
In the modeling that I performed, I used the following data:
- Raster land use - year 2010
- Raster R - interpolation of the R for the period of 1980-2010
- Observed sediment yield data - for 2007 to 2011 (obtained using the average annual flow applied to a regression equation sediment x flow)
To calibrate and validate the model:
- Should I compare the modeling result (sediment export) to the observed value for the year 2010 or can I use the average of observed data for the years 2007 - 2011 ?
- If I use a year of 2010 to calibrate, should my R-factor correspond to this year, or can I use the R-Raster of the years 1980-2010 (anual average)? What is the influence of this factor on calibration / validation?
Thank you in advance