Carbon Pools Data

Hello,

I wish to know where I can get the carbon storage data for each carbon pool.

I tried to search in IPCC dataset like others people recommended but I just cant find. Can anyone give me a link more specific that I can start to find something related?

Thank you

Comments

• 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories Volume 4. 

I've found that! Is it a good data source?

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Eduardo -

As with other modeling data, it is always best if you can find data that is as local or specific to your area of interest as possible. This usually means doing a literature search to see if anyone has published carbon pool values for that particular area, or areas that are similar. Sometimes national governments have done carbon studies as well.

The IPCC data is fine, if you cannot find other carbon pool data. As you can see in the IPCC tables, the land cover types are very generic, and the range of values is very large. So if you use these data, I would recommend running the model with the low, mean and high values of the range, so you understand the possible error involved.

This report by Aaron Ruesch and Holly K. Gibbs provides IPCC data in a way that's a little easier to use.

~ Stacie
  • Hi Stacie,

Ok, I understood. Thank you!

I will search for more specific carbon pool values. I hope that anyone has published something about it. Otherwise, I will have to use the generic data.

(My study case is an area of 110 km² located in southwest of Paris, France).

PS.: I've tried to access the link that you gave to me but reported "Page Not Found". If there is a solution for that I would be glad.

Thank you again.

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Here's the full link - good luck with the literature search!

~ Stacie
  • Hello again,

Stacie, could you please explain to me what those four items circled in the attached image means? (Carbon fraction, Root:Shoot Ratio, Carbon value,...). 

Thank you.
    854 x 460 - 26K