This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Riparian continuity

adrianvogladrianvogl Member, NatCap Staff
edited November 2013 in RIOS
I tried to run the water quality model but a have some doubts about the Riparian Continuity. How i should procede to get this Layer, is it just a Buffer?.

The data base(came with the software) shows a more complex layer.I need some help to figure out this.

Thanks for help

Abraço,

Bernardo

Comments

• adrianvogladrianvogl Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Bernardo,
    The riparian continuity index, the upslope source index, the downstream retention index, and the slope index (for groundwater recharge and baseflow objectives) are indices that are calculated based on other biophysical inputs. The RIOS installer includes a toolbox for ArcGIS that can be loaded into ArcMap. This toolbox will calculate each of these indices based on inputs like DEM, erosivity, rainfall, etc. (same inputs used otherwise in RIOS).
    The toolbox can be found in the RIOS program folder, for example C:\Program Files\RIOS 1.0.0b7 x86\RIOS_Pre_Processing.tbx

If you do not have ArcGIS, you can use any GIS program to calculate these layers. Let me know if you need to go this route and I can send you the instructions.

A description of each of these input layers and how they are calculated can be found in the RIOS User Guide in section III - Description of Models.

Regards,
    Adrian