"Cannot determine delimiter" error in MOOC Additional Assessment

erinberinb Member
Hi all,

Just starting to develop some InVEST chops, and starting with the NCP102 additional assessment. However, I'm running into an issue with the .csv files for both the Carbon and Sediment model runs. In both cases, I get an error message when using the provided .csv files: "Could not determine delimiter", and the model won't run. I don't get this error when using the native .csv files that come downloaded with InVEST, though. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue?

Also, one quick clarifying question: for the Carbon model, the instructions state: "For the land cover class change the coefficient for aboveground carbon (“C_above”) to "1.0"." Having trouble parsing this - is there a land cover class name missing in this instruction?

Thanks much!
 - Erin

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Erin, I haven't tried MOOC myself.  And I just tried to check it out but it wasn't easy.  If you like, you can dropbox me the input data to that model and I'd be happy to debug it on my end.  But fixing the MOOC is outside of my area of expertise. My dropbox email is richsharp@stanford.edu if you like!
  • hamayunhamayun Member
    edited August 11
    hello
    i ran habitat quality model and got an error "could not determine delimiter" ,how to remove this error??
    kindly help me in this regard
    Humayun_ch@ymail.com

hamayun chaudhary
    research associate
    GC,University, Lahore
    Post edited by hamayun on
  • hello
    i ran habitat quality model and got an error "could not determine delimiter" ,how to remove this error??
    kindly help me in this regard
    Humayun_ch@ymail.com

hamayun chaudhary
    research associate
    GC,University, Lahore
  • HenryBHenryB Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Hamayun,

Although the error text is the same, the habitat quality model is not one that we used in the MOOC. Can you please re-post your message in the "Freshwater Models" category, so that the team there will see your question?

Thanks!

Henry
  • hamayunhamayun Member
    edited August 23

Post edited by hamayun on
  • Thanks #Henry B for your response,i have solved this error but  i have started a new discussion for one more error name "Index error"
    kindly tell me how can i solve this current error?
    find the attatchment of error file for complete information of this error
  • HenryBHenryB Member, Administrator, NatCap Staff
    HI Hamayun,

Thanks for re-posting your new error as a separate discussion. I am unable to assist with this error, but others at NatCap should see your new post and respond to you there.

All the Best,

Henry
This discussion has been closed.