SDR model: help to understand very low output values

RaquelSobrinoRaquelSobrino Member
edited July 19 in Freshwater Models
Hi there again,

I'm running the SDR model to get a portfolio of ecosystem services. The model runs apparently perfect, but I get very very low values. I've tried different analysis, among them:

For Borselli K parameter = 2
  • TFA=1000  gives me sed_retentsdr.shx=0 and sed_exportsdr.shx=0 in each subwatershed.
  • TFA=16 (which produces a flow_acumulation.tif quite similar to what should be) gives me sed_retentsdr.shx=3x10^-6 to 8.9x10^-5 and sed_exportsdr.shx=1x10^-6 to 8x10^-5 depending on the subwatershed.
Changin Borselli K parameter to 1:
  • TFA=1000  gives me sed_retentsdr.shx=0 and sed_exportsdr.shx=0 in each subwatershed.
  • TFA=16
    (which produces a flow_acumulation.tif quite similar to what should be)
    gives me sed_retentsdr.shx=3x10^-6 to 7.7x10^-5 and
    sed_exportsdr.shx=1x10^-6 to 6x10^-5 depending on the subwatershed.

I've also tried several erosivity values, because there is no data from the area, and using different formulae R changes enourmously. It seems to be the parameter that most effect has in the output values, but there are still low.

Any suggestion what can I do wrong?

Thanks for your help

Raquel

Post edited by RaquelSobrino on

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Raquel -

I would first check all of your spatial inputs to make sure that they have reasonable values and are in the correct units. It's interesting that a TFA of 16 creates a good stream network and a TFA of 1000 gives 0 results - are you using a DEM with large cell size? 

~ Stacie

• HI Stacie,

thanks for answering so fast.

My DEM is 30 m, is it good enough?

For the erodibility (k) raster I follow the instructions in the document you posted https://forums.naturalcapitalproject.org/uploads/FileUpload/1b/73867fc6231e8ff8507871f5bd33ae.txt.

And for the erosivity index I used different equation from Renard and Freimund (1994). Because they were derived for different places (non of them similar to Rimac watershed) I get a set of values ranging from 6000 to 1300000 aprox. This is the parameter that most effect have, but still my outputs are very low.
    Raquel
  • Hi Stacie,

Just to let you know that I finally managed to solve the problem. One of the raster hadn't been correctly projected and the cell size was incoherent with respect the other raster.
    Cheers
    Raquel