Seasonal Water Yield- soil group map

Hi there,

I'm new with InVEST so I'm sorry if ask obvious things. I'm preparing data to une the SWY model in the Rimac watershed (Perú), and I'm completely stuck with the Map of SCS soil hydrologic group. What I have at the momente is a raster with four tipes of soil from the Harmonized World Soil database, but I'm not able to find the hydraulic conductivity map. Any hint or suggestion, please?

Thanks a lot
Raquel

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Raquel -

As mentioned in the User Guide, we often use soil group data already prepared from FutureWater, which is based on ISRIC SoilGrids 1km. You  need to write to them and request the data, but after that it's easy to use.

I haven't used the HWSD to derive the hydrologic soil group, but here is a paper where the authors provide their simple method for mapping the HWSD property of USDA soil texture class to hydrologic soil group values. It looks like FutureWater used a different, more complex method.

~ Stacie

• Hi Stacie,

thanks again for you support. My mistake, I undestood the data was available to download in the FutureWater link.

Raquel