Enhancements InVEST 3.3.3?

Hi everyone,

I cannot find any official posts about the fixes, changes, and additions for InVEST 3.3.3. Would you be able to post something like you did for v. 3.3.2 listing all of the above?

Thank you!

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    The changelog is available online in these locations:

And the file HISTORY.rst is also included with an install of the Windows prebuilt binaries.
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    And details for the lazy:

3.3.3 (2017-02-06)

• Fixed an issue in the UI where the carbon model wouldn't accept negative numbers in the price increase of carbon.
    • RouteDEM no longer produces a "tiled_dem.tif" file since that functionality is being deprecated in PyGeoprocessing.
    • Fixing an issue in SDR where the optional drainage layer would not be used in most of the SDR biophysical calculations.
    • Refactoring so water yield pixels with Kc and et0 equal to be 0 now yields a 0.0 value of water yield on that pixel rather than nodata.
    • Light optimization refactor of wind energy model that improves runtimes in some cases by a factor of 2-3.
    • Performance optimizations to HRA that improve runtimes by approximately 30%.
    • Fixed a broken UI link to Seasonal Water Yield's user's guide.
    • Fixed an issue with DelineateIT that caused ArcGIS users to see both the watershed and inverse watershed polygons when viewing the output of the tool.
    • Upgrading dependency to PyGeoprocessing 0.3.2.
    • Fixed an issue with SDR that caused the LS factor to be an order of magnitue too high in areas where the slope was greater than 9%. In our sample case this caused sediment export estimates to be about 6% too high, but in cases where analyses are run over steep slopes the error would have been greater.
    • paver check now warns if the PYTHONHOME environment variable is set.
    • API docs now correctly reflect installation steps needed for python development headers on linux.
    • Fixed a side effect in the InVEST user interface that would cause tempfile.tempdir to be set and then not be reset after a model run is finished.
    • The InVEST user interface will now record GDAL/OGR log messages in the log messages window and in the logfile written to the workspace.
    • Updated branding and usability of the InVEST installer for Windows, and the Mac Disk Image (.dmg).
  • Thanks James and Rich! I did not know about the changelog and history.rst. That's exactly what I was looking for.

• @Rich and @jdouglass, in the list of InVEST 3.3.3 models (attached) I don't see any "UNSTABLE" label anymore. Does this mean I should refer to each model's manual separately to see what stage of development they are, or that no models available in 3.3.3 are unstable anymore? Thanks for the clarification,
    989 x 769 - 25K
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Ugh, I hate that "unstable" tag.  We now operating under the philosophy that if a model isn't stable, we won't release it.  BUT the 3.3.3 release still has two "unstable" (i.e. broken) models "crop production" and "scenic quality".  Don't use either of those. And don't use pollination either, we already fixed it in the development release.

I promise in the 3.4.0 release our models will either be "stable" or "removed from the release".