Carbon Storage

Hi, 
I want to calculate the carbon storage. But it gives the wrong error. 
Can you help me, where I made mistakes?

Thank you.
Aylin

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Hi Aylin -

Would you please post the whole log file that is created when you run the model? That will help us see where this error is coming from. Thanks!

~ Stacie
  • Hi Stacie,

Thank you for your interest. I think problem in the raster data. But I can not solve.

Aylin
    707 x 692 - 70K
    1040 x 703 - 84K
  • Hi Stacie,

I want to explain how I create raster data. I worked in separate shp file. with Merge tools. And converted "from polygon to raster". I chose "lucode" as the "value field" in the ArcGIS.

Thank you.

Aylin
  • Hi Stacie,
    Sory for piece to piece .

Aylin
    1357 x 511 - 139K
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Aylin, this looks like an error with non-ascii characters in your filepath as it relates to the user interface trying to load those files.  James @jdouglass can support that issue when he sees this.  

In the meantime, if you can store your files / select your workspace with characters that are ascii only you could work around this issue.
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Aylin, sorry for the trouble!  It looks like we've got a couple different errors to work with here.

The first issue is with the landcover raster itself.  The UI isn't able to find the file, and is about to return an error when the second error occurs.  If the path to the raster is correct, could you try saving the raster to a place on your disk that only has american english characters in the filepath?

The second error has to do with handling characters that aren't in the ASCII (american english) encoding.  The formatting error here is an issue I'm working on at the moment and will be fixed in a future version of the UI.  Until we fix the issue, the best workaround is to only use filepaths that contain ASCII characters.

The third issue looks like it has to do with the workspace, namely that you don't have write access to the workspace.  Could you try selecting a workspace somewhere else that you do have write access to?  Like the other filepath issues, this will need to be a location on disk with only ASCII characters in the path until we can fix these UI codec issues.
  • Hi James,

Thank you for the advice. I corrected the mistakes in the diraction of what you say. Now it seems to be giving another error.

In the main table I used American English. I did not understand why some character in ascii undefined. Can you halp me?

Thank you for you interest.

Aylin

712 x 697 - 72K
    1355 x 504 - 171K
    Hi Aylin, I'm surprised you could run the model at all!  Usually when there is a red X on an input, it doesn't let a run go through.  In your screenshot of the user interface, could you click on the red "X" and let us know what that error message says?  Totally fine to screenshot it if that's easier.
  • Hi Rich,

I added error mesagge.
    Aylin
    3597 x 2209 - 2M
    Hi Aylin,

It looks like your carbon table doesn't have the right headers, or that the model is unable to read it somehow.  Can you take a look at the example in the user's guide http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/nightly-build/invest-users-guide/html/carbonstorage.html#data-needs (example in #2) and make sure your column headers conform to that naming convention?