Pre-processing toolbox for ArcGIS 10.4?

GuilleGuille Member
Hello!

I am working with RIOS and using the ArcGIS 10.4. I am getting an error that I already saw in some discussions on this forum:

Error processing Erosion Control
objective:  Failed to execute. Parameters
are not valid.

ERROR 001000: Lookup field: Field
Sed_Exp does not exist

Failed to execute (Lookup).

Is it a problem with the Arc version?

Thanks in advance!

Guille.

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Yes, the issue is that I haven't been keeping up with supporting new Arc versions, and every new version breaks scripts. Sorry about that.

@LonBar has been great in rolling a RIOS preprocessor that doesn't require Arc - you can see the posting with information here. To run it, you'll need to install python packages and run the script, with input data as arguments. 

I am the process of checking it out right now, and actually am stuck in a broken Python dependency, but I'll post back with my findings when I get it all running and compared with the Arc version. Looking through the code so far, it seems that it should perform well.

~ Stacie
  • GuilleGuille Member
    Thanks a lot Stacie!!

I will also try it, I appreciate your help.

Guille.
    Howdy -

I just updated the ArcGIS version of the RIOS pre-processor for ArcGIS 10.4.1. It would be great if others have time to test it before we make it official. Attached is the zipfile with toolbox and script. 

Nothing has changed about the interface (and hardly anything has changed about the script!) so if the toolbox somehow doesn't work for you, you can just point your old RIOS preprocessing toolbox at the .py script and it should work.

I'll also post this on some of the other forum postings that have raised this issue. Please let me know if it works for you!

~ Stacie
  • GuilleGuille Member
    Hi Stacie!

Thank you so much for this. I will try it and let you know ASAP.

Guillermo.
  • Hi Stacie,

I've also run into some problems running the RIOS preprocessor. The first problem was fixed by using the new version for AcrGIS 10.4.1, however now I run into a new one. The toolbox is able to calculate and produce the downslope and upslope retention rasters, but fails to compute the connectivity index - it also takes 4h to run (DEM = 10m over 630km2). I've gone through it twice and it keeps exiting at the same point.  

Here is the log - please let me know if you have any tips!

Sylvie

Executing: RIOS-Pre-Processing true true true # # C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\preprocessing2 C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Composite_CDL_MDDELCC.tif C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Biophysical_coefficients_reduced.csv C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\NED_DEM_burnt.tif "C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\Models\Baie Missiquoi\SDR\GlobalR_UTM.tif" "C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\Models\Baie Missiquoi\SDR\Erodibility_clip_UTM.tif" "C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\Models\Water yield\Root_UTM.tif" # # # # 10 30 "C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\Models\Baie Missiquoi\BM_watershed_UTM_adj.shp" #
    Start Time: Wed Nov 15 09:39:19 2017
    Running script RIOS-Pre-Processing...

Validating arguments...

Erosion Control selected, checking required inputs:
    DEM
    Erosivity
    Erodibility
    Soil depth
    Land use/land cover
    RIOS general coefficient table
    Threshold flow accumulation
    Riparian buffer distance

Phosphorus Retention selected, checking required inputs:
    DEM
    Erosivity
    Erodibility
    Soil depth
    Land use/land cover
    Riparian buffer distance

Nitrogen Retention selected, checking required inputs:
    DEM
    Soil depth
    Land use/land cover
    Riparian buffer distance

Checking input raster projections...

Creating hydrology layers...

Processing Erosion Control objective...

Mapping coefficients to landcover...

Creating downslope retention index...

Defining flow direction channels...

Created Erosion downslope retention index: C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\preprocessing2\Output\erosion_downslope_retention_index.tif

Creating upslope source...

Created Erosion upslope source: C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\preprocessing2\Output\erosion_upslope_source.tif

Creating riparian continuity index...

Created stream layer C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\preprocessing2\Output\streams_10.shp

Error creating riparian continuity index:  ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
    Failed to execute (Buffer).

Error processing Erosion Control objective:  ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
    Failed to execute (Buffer).

Error running script
    Failed script RIOS-Pre-Processing...

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\RIOS_Pre_Processing_ArcGIS_10_4_1\RIOS_Pre_Processing.py", line 1280, in <module>
        raise Exception
    Exception
    Hi Sylvie -

One place I've seen this before is when there's a very complex/detailed stream network, such that Arc has trouble making buffers around all of the streams. Do you happen to have a stream network like this? It looks like you might be using a threshold flow accumulation of 10, with a 10m DEM, which I think should produce a ton of tributaries to buffer. Let me know if this is the case. 

~ Stacie
  • Hi Stacie,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes this is the case. I am using a flow accumulation threshold of 10 because in my runs of the SDR and NDR models I found that if I used anything bigger I got large holes in my results dataset. Perhaps this is not the best approach. Do you recommend re-running the preprocessor with a larger flow accumulation threshold?

Best
    Sylvie
    Hi Sylvie -

The flow accumulation threshold should be set so that the resulting stream output most closely matches real world streams. This is really important for the SDR and NDR models, since the amount and properties of the landscape between each grid cell and the stream has a big impact on the result - if there's a large distance between the cell and the stream, it's much less likely that any sediment/nutrient generated on that cell will make it to the stream (especially if there's good natural veg there.) So the export output will be very different if you set the TFA to 10 (which will generate lots of tributaries) vs, say, 1000 (medium amount of tributaries), vs 10,000 (far fewer tributaries.)

If you're getting holes in the SDR/NDR output, the first thing to look at is your DEM, as these models are also sensitive to any hydrologic pits. If you haven't already, look at the stream layer, if there are discontinuous streams then you have pits. Try filling the DEM with QGIS's Wang and Liu algorithm and see if that helps. 

~ Stacie
  •  Hi Stacie,

Thanks for these tips. I ended up using a different DEM but with a TFA of 100 which seemed to give me decent results without lots of holes. If I upped the TFA to 1000, it started to look like swiss cheese. 

I'm now running into an error when I run RIOS which says 'NoneType' object has no attribute GetRasterBand'. Looking on other forum posts this came up with the Coastal vulnerability model as well, but that seemed to get fixed with a patch to the model. Have others run into this error before using RIOS? Below is my log output. Happy to share the data inputs as well. 

Thanks Sylvie

Initializing...

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root DEBUG Loading <module 'natcap.rios.rios' from 'C:\PROGRA~1\RIOS11~1.16X\natcap\rios\rios.pyc'> in frozen environment

Arguments:

activities {u'Culture_Couverture': {u'measurement_unit': u'area', u'measurement_value': 10000.0, u'unit_cost': 6000.0}, u'Bandes_5m': {u'measurement_unit': u'area', u'measurement_value': 10000.0, u'unit_cost': 3000.0}, u'Drainage_controllee': {u'measurement_unit': u'area', u'measurement_value': 10000.0, u'unit_cost': 1000.0}, u'Bande_10m': {u'measurement_unit': u'area', u'measurement_value': 10000.0, u'unit_cost': 5000.0}}

activity_shapefiles [u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Buffer_prevent.shp', u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/ControlledDrainage_prevent.shp']

budget_config {u'years_to_spend': 1, u'activity_budget': {u'Culture_Couverture': {u'budget_amount': 25000.0}, u'Bandes_5m': {u'budget_amount': 25000.0}, u'Drainage_controllee': {u'budget_amount': 25000.0}, u'Bande_10m': {u'budget_amount': 25000.0}}, u'if_left_over': u'Report remainder', u'floating_budget': 0}

lulc_activity_potential_map {0: [], 5120: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2180: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2181: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15110: [], 10120: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5131: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5134: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15120: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10131: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20: [], 5141: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10134: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20120: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5147: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10140: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10141: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15134: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10181: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5168: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15131: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15140: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5030: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10158: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5160: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2140: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15147: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20140: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2158: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10030: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2141: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10160: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2120: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 50: [], 20147: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15158: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10168: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20030: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5180: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5181: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2110: [], 15168: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10180: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15030: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20168: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 15180: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 210: [], 2131: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20180: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20110: [], 220: [], 10147: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 351: [], 2147: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5158: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 230: [], 1000: [], 2153: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2030: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 20134: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2160: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 10110: [], 302: [], 20158: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5110: [], 2168: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 2132: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 250: [], 255: [], 20131: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 5140: [u'Culture_Couverture'], 341: []}

lulc_coefficients_table_uri C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/Biophysical_coefficients_byslope.csv

lulc_uri C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/LULC_Slope_aggregated.tif

objectives {u'erosion_drinking_control': {u'rios_model_type': u'rios_tier_0', u'priorities': {u'revegetation_assisted': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'agricultural_vegetation_managment': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'fertilizer_management': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'keep_native_vegetation': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': 0.5, u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': u'~0.25', u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'ditching': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'revegetation_unassisted': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'pasture_management': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}}, u'factors': {u'Soil depth': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/Models/Baie Missiquoi/Water yield/Root_UTM.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Soil erodibility': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/Models/Baie Missiquoi/SDR/Erodibility_clip_UTM.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'On-pixel retention': {u'bins': {u'value_field': u'Sed_Ret', u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/LULC_slope_regroup_forest_urban.tif', u'uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/Biophysical_coefficients_byslope.csv', u'key_field': u'lulc_general'}}, u'Beneficiaries': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Population_density_UTM_clip.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'On-pixel source': {u'bins': {u'value_field': u'Sed_Exp', u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/LULC_slope_regroup_forest_urban.tif', u'uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/Biophysical_coefficients_byslope.csv', u'key_field': u'lulc_general'}}, u'Rainfall erosivity': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/Models/Baie Missiquoi/SDR/GlobalR_UTM.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Downslope retention index': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/preprocessing5_ned30/Output/erosion_downslope_retention_index.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Upslope source': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/preprocessing5_ned30/Output/erosion_upslope_source.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Riparian continuity': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/preprocessing5_ned30/Output/erosion_riparian_index.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}}}}

open_html_on_completion True

priorities {u'revegetation_assisted': {u'erosion_drinking_control': 0.8}, u'agricultural_vegetation_managment': {u'erosion_drinking_control': 1.0}, u'fertilizer_management': {u'erosion_drinking_control': 0.0}, u'keep_native_vegetation': {u'erosion_drinking_control': 0.0}, u'ditching': {u'erosion_drinking_control': 0.0}, u'revegetation_unassisted': {u'erosion_drinking_control': 0.0}, u'pasture_management': {u'erosion_drinking_control': 0.0}}

results_suffix _test1

transition_map {u'revegetation_assisted': {u'Culture_Couverture': 0.0, u'Bandes_5m': 1.0, u'Drainage_controllee': 0.0, u'Bande_10m': 1.0}, u'agricultural_vegetation_managment': {u'Culture_Couverture': 1.0, u'Bandes_5m': 0.0, u'Drainage_controllee': 0.0, u'Bande_10m': 0.0}, u'fertilizer_management': {u'Culture_Couverture': 0.0, u'Bandes_5m': 0.0, u'Drainage_controllee': 1.0, u'Bande_10m': 0.0}, u'keep_native_vegetation': {u'Culture_Couverture': 0.0, u'Bandes_5m': 0.0, u'Drainage_controllee': 0.0, u'Bande_10m': 0.0}, u'ditching': {u'Culture_Couverture': 0.0, u'Bandes_5m': 0.0, u'Drainage_controllee': 0.0, u'Bande_10m': 0.0}, u'revegetation_unassisted': {u'Culture_Couverture': 0.0, u'Bandes_5m': 0.0, u'Drainage_controllee': 0.0, u'Bande_10m': 0.0}, u'pasture_management': {u'Culture_Couverture': 0.0, u'Bandes_5m': 0.0, u'Drainage_controllee': 0.0, u'Bande_10m': 0.0}}

transition_types [{u'file_name': u'keep_native_vegetation', u'transition_type': u'protection', u'id': u'trans1', u'label': u'Keep native \nvegetation'}, {u'file_name': u'revegetation_unassisted', u'transition_type': u'restoration', u'id': u'trans2', u'label': u'Revegetation \n(unassisted)'}, {u'file_name': u'revegetation_assisted', u'transition_type': u'restoration', u'id': u'trans3', u'label': u'Revegetation \n(assisted)'}, {u'file_name': u'agricultural_vegetation_managment', u'transition_type': u'agriculture', u'id': u'trans4', u'label': u'Agricultural \nvegetation \nmanagement'}, {u'file_name': u'ditching', u'transition_type': u'agriculture', u'id': u'trans5', u'label': u'Ditching'}, {u'file_name': u'fertilizer_management', u'transition_type': u'agriculture', u'id': u'trans6', u'label': u'Fertilizer \nmanagement'}, {u'file_name': u'pasture_management', u'transition_type': u'agriculture', u'id': u'trans7', u'label': u'Pasture \nmanagement'}]

workspace_dir C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Logging will be saved to natcap.rios-log-2017-12-04--10_47_35.txt

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root DEBUG Loaded the model from natcap.rios.rios

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Executing the loaded model

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Python architecture: ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Disk space remaining for workspace: 994.26 GB

an exception encountered when logging

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Pointing temporary directory at the workspace at C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Updating os.environ["TMP"]=C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific\tmp to C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Updating os.environ["TEMP"]=C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific\tmp to C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Updating os.environ["TMPDIR"]=C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific\tmp to C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Setting tempfile.tempdir to C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific\tmp

12/04/2017 10:47:35 root INFO Starting natcap.rios

12/04/2017 10:47:35 natcap.rios.ipa INFO ensuring that the optional objectives have non-empty factors

12/04/2017 10:47:35 natcap.rios.ipa DEBUG {u'erosion_drinking_control': {u'rios_model_type': u'rios_tier_0', u'priorities': {u'revegetation_assisted': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'agricultural_vegetation_managment': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'fertilizer_management': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'keep_native_vegetation': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': 0.5, u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': u'~0.25', u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'ditching': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'revegetation_unassisted': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}, u'pasture_management': {u'Soil depth': 0.25, u'Soil erodibility': 0.25, u'On-pixel retention': u'~0.5', u'Beneficiaries': 1.0, u'On-pixel source': 0.25, u'Rainfall erosivity': 0.25, u'Downslope retention index': u'~1', u'Riparian continuity': 0.5, u'Upslope source': 1.0}}, u'factors': {u'Soil depth': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/Models/Baie Missiquoi/Water yield/Root_UTM.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Soil erodibility': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/Models/Baie Missiquoi/SDR/Erodibility_clip_UTM.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'On-pixel retention': {u'bins': {u'value_field': u'Sed_Ret', u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/LULC_slope_regroup_forest_urban.tif', u'uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/Biophysical_coefficients_byslope.csv', u'key_field': u'lulc_general'}}, u'Beneficiaries': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Population_density_UTM_clip.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'On-pixel source': {u'bins': {u'value_field': u'Sed_Exp', u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/LULC_slope_regroup_forest_urban.tif', u'uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/Slope_specific/Biophysical_coefficients_byslope.csv', u'key_field': u'lulc_general'}}, u'Rainfall erosivity': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/Models/Baie Missiquoi/SDR/GlobalR_UTM.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Downslope retention index': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/preprocessing5_ned30/Output/erosion_downslope_retention_index.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Upslope source': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/preprocessing5_ned30/Output/erosion_upslope_source.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}, u'Riparian continuity': {u'raster_uri': u'C:/Users/Labo_JD/Documents/Sylvia/RIOS/preprocessing5_ned30/Output/erosion_riparian_index.tif', u'bins': {'inverted': False, 'type': 'interpolated', 'interpolation': 'linear'}}}}}

12/04/2017 10:47:35 natcap.rios.ipa INFO Updating references to the general LULC coefficients table

12/04/2017 10:47:35 natcap.rios.ipa INFO Starting Water Funds Prioritizer

12/04/2017 10:47:35 natcap.rios.ipa INFO Looping through objectives to sort and prioritize

12/04/2017 10:47:35 natcap.rios.ipa INFO We're doing normalization because of interpolated

12/04/2017 10:47:37 natcap.rios.ipa INFO We're doing normalization because of interpolated

12/04/2017 10:47:38 natcap.rios.ipa DEBUG it was defined, must need a LULC

12/04/2017 10:47:38 natcap.rios.ipa DEBUG {0.0: 0.0, 5120.0: 0.81, 2180.0: 0.84, 2181.0: 0.84, 15110.0: 0.83, 10120.0: 0.81, 5131.0: 0.83, 5134.0: 0.84, 15120.0: 0.81, 10131.0: 0.83, 20.0: 0.2, 5141.0: 0.83, 10134.0: 0.84, 20120.0: 0.81, 15131.0: 0.83, 10140.0: 0.84, 10141.0: 0.83, 15134.0: 0.84, 341.0: 0.2, 10160.0: 0.84, 5147.0: 0.84, 15140.0: 0.84, 5030.0: 0.24, 5160.0: 0.84, 220.0: 0.75, 15147.0: 0.84, 20140.0: 0.84, 10158.0: 0.84, 15030.0: 0.24, 5168.0: 0.84, 20168.0: 0.84, 50.0: 0.505, 20147.0: 0.84, 15158.0: 0.84, 10168.0: 0.84, 10030.0: 0.24, 5180.0: 0.84, 5181.0: 0.84, 20030.0: 0.24, 20158.0: 0.84, 15168.0: 0.84, 10180.0: 0.84, 10181.0: 0.84, 2120.0: 0.81, 15180.0: 0.84, 2030.0: 0.24, 210.0: 0.68, 2131.0: 0.83, 20180.0: 0.84, 20110.0: 0.83, 2134.0: 0.84, 10147.0: 0.84, 2140.0: 0.84, 2141.0: 0.83, 351.0: 0.83, 2147.0: 0.84, 5158.0: 0.84, 230.0: 0.73, 1000.0: 0.94, 2153.0: 0.84, 2158.0: 0.84, 20134.0: 0.84, 2160.0: 0.84, 302.0: 0.2, 2110.0: 0.83, 5110.0: 0.83, 2168.0: 0.84, 5140.0: 0.84, 250.0: 0.73, 20131.0: 0.83, 10110.0: 0.83, 255.0: 0.75}

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root ERROR ---------------------------------------------------

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root ERROR ---------------------- ERROR ----------------------

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root ERROR ---------------------------------------------------

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root ERROR Error: exception found while running natcap.rios

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Build details

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Interpreter

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Current temp dir: C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific\tmp

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG tempfile.tempdir: C:\Users\Labo_JD\Documents\Sylvia\RIOS\Slope_specific\tmp

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG System

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG OS : Windows-8-6.2.9200

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Processor architecture: AMD64

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG FS encoding : mbcs

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Preferred encoding: cp1252

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Python

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Version : 2.7.9

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Build : ('default', 'Dec 10 2014 12:24:55')

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Compiler : MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Implementation : CPython

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Architecture : 32bit

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Linkage format : WindowsPE

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Packages

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Cython : ?

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Numpy : 1.10.2rc1

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Scipy : 0.16.0b2

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG OSGEO : 1.11.3

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Shapely : 1.5.5

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Exception not environment-related

12/04/2017 10:47:38 root DEBUG Printing traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.rios\build\rios\out00-PYZ.pyz\natcap.rios.rui.executor", line 611, in runModel

File "C:\Users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.rios\build\rios\out00-PYZ.pyz\natcap.rios.rios", line 24, in execute

File "C:\Users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.rios\build\rios\out00-PYZ.pyz\natcap.rios.rios", line 174, in execute_30

File "C:\Users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.rios\build\rios\out00-PYZ.pyz\natcap.rios.rios", line 1227, in _normalize_rasters

File "C:\Users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.rios\build\rios\out00-PYZ.pyz\natcap.rios.rios", line 1374, in _map_raster_to_table

File "C:\Users\natcap-servers\jenkins-home\workspace\natcap.rios\build\rios\out00-PYZ.pyz\pygeoprocessing.geoprocessing", line 95, in get_nodata_from_uri

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetRasterBand'

None

Hi Sylvie -

When I've gotten that error with any of the NatCap tools in the past, it's often been because I've run out of disk space. But it looks like you have almost 1TB to work with, so that isn't the problem. Given the log output, one thing I would check is your LULC raster and table. Maybe I'm misreading the logfile, but it looks like your lucodes in the coefficient table might be floating point instead of integer? If so, try changing them to integers. Or, is it possible that you have an lucode of 255? 255 can also be a NoData value, and there have been issues around this in other models.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to advise. Rich might have a better idea of what's happening, but if it's not obvious to him, I can take a look at your input data. 

~ Stacie
  • Thank you very much Stacie, I do have a class called 255 which I'll try changing!

Sylvie
  • Hey Stacie,

Sorry to bother again. But I had a quick question about the pre-set transition types (i.e Keep Vegetation, Unassisted Revegetation, Assisted Vegetation, Agricultural Mgt Practices, Ditching..etc). When RIOS is calculating the effectiveness of activities assigned to these transitions, does the algorithm treat them differently depending on whether an activity is classed uner Unassisted or Assisted Revegation etc? 

Is there a complete description of these transition types and how they are used in the computations? In the guide book I found one passage where it mentions that the rank order would be reversed between Keep Native Vegetation to that of Revegetation or Agricultural Vegetation Management. However I can't find any more detail about how these transition types influence the calculation. 

I am curious as I would like to include two riparian buffer widths and wondered if they could be classed under to different transition types so that I can specify different weights? The same goes for two activities under agricultural management. Otherwise how would I specify that the two activities under a single class contribute differently to the objectives?

Thanks!
    Sylvie