Pre-processing toolbox for ArcGIS 10.4?

GuilleGuille Member
Hello!

I am working with RIOS and using the ArcGIS 10.4. I am getting an error that I already saw in some discussions on this forum:

Error processing Erosion Control
objective:  Failed to execute. Parameters
are not valid.

ERROR 001000: Lookup field: Field
Sed_Exp does not exist

Failed to execute (Lookup).

Is it a problem with the Arc version?

Thanks in advance!

Guille.

Comments

• swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Yes, the issue is that I haven't been keeping up with supporting new Arc versions, and every new version breaks scripts. Sorry about that.

@LonBar has been great in rolling a RIOS preprocessor that doesn't require Arc - you can see the posting with information here. To run it, you'll need to install python packages and run the script, with input data as arguments. 

I am the process of checking it out right now, and actually am stuck in a broken Python dependency, but I'll post back with my findings when I get it all running and compared with the Arc version. Looking through the code so far, it seems that it should perform well.

~ Stacie
  • GuilleGuille Member
    Thanks a lot Stacie!!

I will also try it, I appreciate your help.

Guille.
  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    Howdy -

I just updated the ArcGIS version of the RIOS pre-processor for ArcGIS 10.4.1. It would be great if others have time to test it before we make it official. Attached is the zipfile with toolbox and script. 

Nothing has changed about the interface (and hardly anything has changed about the script!) so if the toolbox somehow doesn't work for you, you can just point your old RIOS preprocessing toolbox at the .py script and it should work.

I'll also post this on some of the other forum postings that have raised this issue. Please let me know if it works for you!

~ Stacie
  • GuilleGuille Member
    Hi Stacie!

Thank you so much for this. I will try it and let you know ASAP.

Guillermo.