Running into error in seasonal water yield model

Hi there,

I'm still working on running the seasonal water yield model since my last thread. My partner and I are running the model and after a couple hours of geoprocessing we get this error:
  • Nonetype error: invalid value encountered in divide
I'm not sure what this means and have tried altering some of the data with no luck. I'd be happy to drop someone the log file or data if you have time to help.

Thank you!

-Pete

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Pete, that's a frustrating error.  Looks like a divide by zero, inf, or NaN, in the Vri calculation.  That can happen for a number of reasons, but a common one might be that your DEM has hydrological pits in it and isn't getting flow paths long enough to calculate streams.  You can get a good sense of that by inspecting the flow accumulation raster in the intermediate output.  If you see flows starting and stopping all over that's a good sign there are pits.  If so, I'd suggest using SAGA's "Terrain Analysis - Preprocessing -> Fill Sinks (Wang & Liu)"; it comes with QGIS these days to fill your DEM and try again.

If that's not the issue, can you post a follow up here?
  • ptelarolptelarol Member
    Hi Rich,

I looked at the flow accumulation raster and it did looked like as you said it might, so I used Wang & Liu in QGIS to fill the DEM, but am still running into the same error. After filling the DEM, INVEST ran much quicker, but I still received the same error in the same lines. Log file is attached. 

Dang.  Can you dropbox me your data to richsharp@stanford.edu?  I'll try to run it on my end and see if I can recreate your issue.
    Just shared the data. Thank you for the help!
    Hi, sorry I'm not seeing a dropbox invitation from you.  Can you verify that you sent it to richsharp@stanford.edu?
    Hi Rich - I just resent it. Let me know if you don't get an invitation.