Wave Energy - run error

hello.

I'm trying to run wave Energy for korea area. 

i'm using new wave data which reformatted like origin global shp file and  just renamed "Global". (Attached "Global" zip file).

and AOI is same as "globla_extract". and i used new DEM(arcmap grid format. attached)

i also attached error log file(.txt)

please tell me what's wrong with these.

thanks alot~!!

Comments

• jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi @jeemin, sorry about the delay.  If this is still an issue, could you attach your AOI?  I'm trying to recreate the issue on my end, but can't without your AOI.  From the log file, it should be D:/2017_MSP/03.ING/Wave_Test2/input/aoi/korea_bound_S.shp.
  • jeeminjeemin Member

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

I'm still stuck with this problem.

Here is my aoi file what is attached.

Thank you for your concern.

Thanks for this.  I see that you're using an older version of InVEST.  When I try running your inputs on the latest version (InVEST 3.3.3), the model runs through.  Could you try running InVEST 3.3.3 (download here: http://www.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest/) and see if that resolves the issue for you?

Thanks,
    James
  • jeeminjeemin Member

Hello @jdouglass, Thank you for your answer.

But unfortunately i didn't slove this problem yet.

i set up lastest version(3.3.3) and tried. but it failed

i attached some files what were i used and resulted.

i think invest didn't make "projected_wave_data" .

so my wavedata has an incorrect format?

Please check it again.

Thank you .

jeemin

From the logfile, it looks like the WaveData folder isn't pointing to the right place.  You'll need to point it to the WaveData folder that came with your InvEST 3.3.3 installation:  C:\InVEST_3.3.1_x86\InVEST_3.3.3_x86\WaveEnergy\input\WaveData
  • jeeminjeemin Member

Hello @jdouglass,

As your comments, WaveData was moved folder "C:\InVEST_3.3.1_x86\InVEST_3.3.3_x86\WaveEnergy\input\WaveData" and tried.

The intermediate files were created, but the resulting file was not produced.

And CAPWE_MWHY field has no value at  WEM_InputOutput_Pts.

i attached result folder "temp3" and input data folder " inputs"

please check this..

thank you.

The model won't produce outputs if an error occurred during the model run.  It looks like this run of the model crashed at the same point as your earlier posts.

I just re-ran this based on the logfile in the zipfile you attached, and I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the error that you're experiencing.  I've attached a zipfile of the outputs in case that's helpful.

Without being able to reproduce the error, I can only speculate about what is happening with the model ... sorry!  Is it possible that your computer is running out of disk space or that you're using different versions of these files than what is in the zipfiles on this computer?