Carbon storage and sequestration

I have a question about the carbon sequestration model in the final values generated in the report.html.
Regarding the carbon C sequestered, it mentions that it is Total Carbon and I want to know if this is carbon equivalent (CO2 equ)?

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    So long as your carbon values in your input tables were in C, the output will also be in C.  If you want that in CO2 multiply it by 44/12ths  (ratio of atomic weights).
  • What about the final value of the valuation. The result is in dollars per ton of carbon or in ton per Co2 Equivalent.

Is it correct to assume that if I enter the price in dollars per Ton of carbon, the output will be the same way in dollars per ton of carbon? And in the same way if I do with Co2 equivalent?
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    The model's output units are in C.  So if your price is $/CO2 you'd need to convert it to $/C by multiplying by 12/44ths.
  • Thanks Rich. 
    So if you say that, it's a good idea to look at the guide in the section of "Value of a sequestered ton of carbon", of the model  Carbon storage and Sequestration: Climate Regaulation. 

I think the guide could be confused, and i believe the transformation of the price of ton of carbon dioxide to carbono, should be better explained