This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

Water yield Beginner

AbdelGISAbdelGIS Member
edited March 2017 in Marine Models
Hello Everyone ! 
I'm starting using INVEST water yield model in a Moroccan study area. And i find it difficult to understand all the inputs of the model ! it would be so appreciated if someone can help me. I have read the user manuel but i still don't understand some inputs especially Dispersion Coefficients and  Advection Vectors. 
Thank you 
Post edited by AbdelGIS on

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi, the dispersion coefficients/advection vectors are associated with our water quality model which is different from our water yield model!  I'm not sure which you're using, but if you were planning on marine water quality, we're planning on deprecating that model on the next release of InVEST; we do not recommend that you use it.  But if you're looking to use our terrestrial water yield model, that's well supported and the user's guide chapter is here: http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/nightly-build/invest-users-guide/html/reservoirhydropowerproduction.html

Let us know if we can help further!
  • Hi, 
    Actually I'm working with the water quality model. Thank you for your help 
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Ahh, sadly in that case I don't think there's a lot we can offer.  Our concerns about that model are its sensitivity to grid size and boundary conditions.  We're not confident that any particular configuration is accurately capturing the diffusion as one might see in a natural environment.  If you're interested, you could contact the developer of that model to see if he has any suggestions.  He no longer works with our organization, but is otherwise a helpful and friendly guy.  Here's his contact information Dr. Choong-Ki Kim ckim@inha.ac.kr

• I will try to contact him. I really appreciate your help . Thank you