Population Data

Hi guys,
I have village-wise population data for my study area and I want to give it as input to InVEST Coastal Vulnerability model.
I tried to convert my polygon shapefile to tiff and give it as input. But I end up indexerror out of bounds.

So my question is how can I give my own population data as input?

Please help me guys. I need this to work.

Comments

• Hi,

Please try two things.
    1.  Run the model using your inputs and settings but swap in the population data that's included with the InVEST base data.  I want to make sure that it's actually your population layer because the logfile shows the model crashing on a different step.  Others, including myself have gotten this same error with 3.3.2 and I'm trying to figure it out.

2.  Go here: http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest-releases/, and download an older version of InVEST .. try 3.1.0.  Run your inputs using that version (same exact model run, with your population data).  Let me know if it runs, and, if it doesn't run w/your population data try running the InVEST sample pop'n layer.

Thanks,

Jess
  • Dear Jess,

Thank you for your reply. When i replace my population with default population layer I was able to get output. And also I am able to run the model for different area with my own population. The problem occurs for this specific area. I will try running old version. Again.Thank you.

• I don't know why I get IndexError.
  • Hi,

Let me know what happens with the older version.  Thanks,

Jess
  • Hi Jess,
    I solved my problem. But I didn't run older version of the model. I did some changes to my population dataset. I simply added a polygon that goes into see and set the value to zero. Then I was able to run the model.
    Hope this helps you. Thank you for your suggestions.

• Hm, that's very interesting. Would you be willing to send me a screenshot of what you're talking about?  Thanks,

Jess
  • What I did was added a polygon with zero values.
    Here are the pics of the pop data which I used.
    When I used first one I got error. When i used the second one I didn't get any errors.
    679 x 438 - 16K
    661 x 454 - 13K
  • Great, thanks for sharing that.
  • Welcome