This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

SDR model

Hi,
Please, someone can help me?
I'm running SDR model. With a matrix of 42145 columns and  42446 rows, with 30 meters of spatial resolution.
The Invest has some limitation to process files with this size? Because Invest stop working in this line and closed:

01/28/2017 11:56:07  pygeoprocessing.routing.routing_core INFO     flat_edges 58.5% complete

Thanks, Juliana

Comments

• RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Juliana, if that's the *only* line there, it's possible the model is still running.  42k by 42k is a very large raster.

If it actually crashed and raised an exception, can you paste your log file here?

And one other consideration, in many cases it's reasonable to up sample your rasters to coarser resolutions.  The discretization error associated with the InVEST water models doesn't really dominate until > 90m pixels (or maybe even larger..?).  Doubling the cell size will cut the runtime of the model by a factor of 4; so it's great to do if you don't otherwise have a need for such high resolution rasters.

• Hi,

Thanks! I'm attaching the log file.
    But, Do I need to change the map resolution?

Juliana
    Hi Juliana, I'm curious, did the model exit at that point, or did you close the window associated with it?  To me the log looks like the model computation was continuing normally. 

If it did exit, was there any error message posted?

And if you aren't sure of any of that, any chance you could try running it again and letting it run for a while, maybe overnight, considering the raster size is so large?
  • Hi,

I tried with 90 meters of spatial resolution and worked!
    Sorry, I didn't remember with details the message error. But emerged a new window "invest needs to be closed".
    I can try to run again, and send a print for you or to send the data. Let me know if it is necessary.

Thanks

Happy to let it slide as long as you're happy! :)