This forum is shutting down! Please post new discussions at community.naturalcapitalproject.org

InVEST 3.3.2 Released

jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff

Greetings!

Today we released InVEST 3.3.2, which includes a number of bugfixes and behind-the scenes updates to existing InVEST functionality. Featured changes below:

• Updated PyGeoProcessing dependency to 0.3.0a22 for miscellaneous bugfixes and infrastructure changes

• Test coverage for all InVEST models in maintenance phase

• Patching a critical issue with forest carbon edge that would give incorrect results for edge distance effects

• Major improvements to user experience of the mac builds

• Two deprecated models, Nearshore Wave and Erosion and Managed Timber Production, have been removed

• Various bugfixes and enhancements throughout InVEST (full changelog here)

InVEST 3.3.2 is available in these forms:

Enjoy!

Comments

• Hello
    I am from Ecuador, I am trying to run the model of Carbon sequestration and storage, but when I enter a negative value for the market discount rate, the program generates an "ERROR VALUE" error and prevents running the model.

Would you help me with some solution to enter that negative value into the discount rate?

Thanks a lot
    Diegoimage
    787 x 909 - 79K
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi Diego, the screenshot you posted is of InVEST 3.3.1; we added that feature in the latest release of InVEST.  Can you download 3.3.2 and try it again?  http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/invest-releases/InVEST_3_3_2_x86_Setup.exe
  • Hello,

I'm new to InVEST and recently downloaded and installed version 3.3.2 on my Windows machine. I'm following the User's Manual but I cannot run any of the models.  For example, to run the Habitat Quality model, the guide says that the model can be accessible from the Windows start menu. I'm not seeing this.  I've also tried going straight to the subdirectory but I'm not seeing the invest_habitat_quality.exe executable file. I've tried installing the InVEST model on 3 different computers (all of which I have admin control) and all are the same - I cannot run any models.  Am I doing something wrong?  Are there any tutorial videos to walk a newbie through?  Thanks!
  • RichRich Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi, a couple of things to check.  Can you see that InVEST is installed if you look at your Windows add/remove panel?  If you can verify it's installed, do you have a version of windows where you can search your apps?  On my machine I might do this by clicking to open the start menu, then start typing the name of an app I'd want to match.  In your case you might start typing "habitat" and the windows menu should truncate to show you apps that partially meet that text.  Does that make sense?

Here's a random video I googled that shows this for Windows 8.1: 

If none of that works, can you post again and tell us what happened when you tried to search?
  • swolnyswolny Member, NatCap Staff
    For what it's worth, I've had the same thing happen in the last few releases (and dev versions) on Windows 7, where InVEST will not show up in the Start Menu just after install, but the links usually do show up in the Start Menu after a reboot.

~ Stacie
  • Thanks for your input - I let the computer sleep overnight and came back the next day and all the models showed up.  Strange! :-)
  • Hi,
    I tried to run InVEST Scenario Generator (version 3.3.2) for future land use scenario. The model runs perfectly. Unfortunately, the land use transitions are occurring at the boundary and it looks like a corridor. It does not seem realistic in the real world. You can see the attached map. I suspect there must be something wrong with the input data. Appreciate your suggestion to resolve this issue.
    Thank you.
    sunil

485 x 430 - 25K
  • jdouglassjdouglass Administrator, NatCap Staff
    Hi @Sunil,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue with the rule-based scenario generator, and I agree, those boundaries do not look very realistic.  Unfortunately, we have recently decided to deprecate the Rule-Based Scenario Generator due to maintenance issues, and it will be removed from InVEST in the next release.

We do have another scenario generator, however, that may still be able to suit your needs and may produce outputs that may be more closely in line with what you might expect in the real world concerning the expansion of landcover types.  It is documented here: http://data.naturalcapitalproject.org/nightly-build/invest-users-guide/html/scenario_gen_proximity.html.

Hope this helps, and sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you,
    James
  • Hello

I used InVEST version 3.5.0 crop production regression model. I selected data of LULC raster, landcover to crop table and fertilization rate table path from database to test the software. but the model show this error

i dont know where the mistake?

Please friends, help me to deal this error

Thanks

Ahmed

This discussion has been closed.